1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I don't trust that she has truly changed her base beliefs instilled in her from her nutjob dad. Probaly why the dotard supporters seem drawn to her.

Check in to her past. I hope I'm wrong.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Nutjob = Morals/Values, can’t expect the left to be all for that.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This line of thinking is weird.

So she has been using her legislative power to support lgbt causes for over a decade... As a cynical ploy for power?

Astrodome likes this.
  4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You're probably right. I have not followed her legislative career and was taken aback by her biographical background and prior political stance.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Didn't read this post but as I was scrolling, the phrase "gutless slippery colon" might be about the best thing in the multiverse

You be you @glynch

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Why has the right been against gay people being able to be married, mar1juana to be legal. But for slavery?

I won’t get into things like refusal to believe scientists regarding humans impact on rapid climate change. I’m not sure how that is related to morality, besides concern for future generations.

The right does have the moral high ground on abortion. I being mostly liberal. Don’t believe in abortion. But ultimately do not believe you should be able to stop someone from getting one. But should do everything to stop unwanted pregnancies in every avenue available.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I called it months ago

#107 dobro1229, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Astrodome likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Called what? That she would call our Harris for being a garbage human being?

Why the hell would she commit political suicide if she is a dem? This is really cheap smearing and speculation at the most.

ryan_98 likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

She has a bright future. Endorsing trump would be a mistake.

Nook, ryan_98 and dachuda86 like this.
  10. dobro1229

Don’t be patronizing. We all know there are red flags with her and concerns she is compromised in a way where she has potential to “Jill Stein” the party.

I like her policy stances and I like her. Don’t get me wrong, but there are major red flags not just in the contacts she’s had in the past with Assad and others but mostly in the way she answers the question about it when asked by the media.

And of course you hate Kamala. She’s a Democrat. The fact that you like Tulsi raises another giant red flag. If you really did like Tulsi you’d like Kamala, Booker, Klobachar, Biden, etc. too because their policy positions are all basically the same... but you don’t because you don’t really like Tulsi... you like that she might be a Jill Stein and have potential to hurt the party from within.

So stop talking to people like they are idiots.

Rashmon likes this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

A regular poster here said fans of Tulsi are "Putin progressives" lol. "She's a Commie!"
    Pre-programmed Democrats are freaked by her "stop regime-change wars" mantra.
    These old-timey Democrats have their own Xmas list of regime-change wars they pleasure themselves with, just like Bolton, Pompeo, and the Republicans.

12. dobro1229

You’re highly over exaggerating. Nobody here I’ve seen on the left thinks her platform is not in line with the base of the party. Nobody likes Regime change wars. Even Kamala who she’s attacking has took a stance on leaving Afghanistan.

Her red flags are there based on her previous contacts with foreign leaders who have in previous elections worked to hurt Democrats and help Trump by using politicians like Jill Stein.

I sure hope Tulsi does not go there because as I’ve said before many times... I like her, and like her positions. Going after Kamala unnecessarily at this stage stinks to high heaven. We’ll see what she does but it’s concerning. If Kamala or Biden win the election, and they take positions that defy the base of the party, I would have no problem with Tulsi speaking out against her own party. If she disagrees with another candidate at this point, don’t go personal but make a case for yourself and attack the policy positions.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

All right: I will try to be less shrill than usual here. . . .

On Syria
    I don't care how bad or not Assad is: stay the F out! Are we God's special soldier or what? How the hell can we justify having our soldiers in their country?

Israel
    Harris says "I believe Israel should never be a partisan issue, and as long as I'm a United States senator, I will do everything in my power to ensure broad and bipartisan support for Israel's security and right to self-defense."
    "the first resolution I co-sponsored as a United States senator was to combat anti-Israel bias at the United Nations"

Israel not our business. Stay the F out of their business. We give those warmongers billions of dollars a year while we are running a deficit?

We do not have the knowledge or the right or the money to go around the world "helping" other countries by means of soldiers and weapons. Americans are being brainwashed into bankruptcy. "We Americans are so good and smart that we need to deficit-spend on this country over here where evil is happening." We're so self-righteous it's shameful. Yeah, we have all the answers! Except in our own country.

As Smedley Butler, America's most decorated soldier at the time, wrote: "War is a racket." I'm sick to death of American guns gunning people. It's shameful. We are not doing God's work, so wtf are we doing?

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is what she said...

She's got no background or experience in foreign policy, and she lacks the temperament that is necessary for a commander in chief,”

The first part of the sentence is not true. Most of the candidates have some experience with foreign policy as sitting members of congress working in various committees. If she level that charge against Harris, she can almost certainly said it against most other candidates, including Obama when he was running. It fall completely flat and as it's being targeted, it seems to be a political ploy, something she complain about herself - i.e. she's doing exactly what she don't like other people doing.

The second part is an opinion, which I didn't hear her explain why. But being wrong on the 1st part was enough for me.

This is a pattern with Gabbard that for me, continue to disqualify her.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's kind of interesting that people love to point to 1920's and 30's nationalistic isolationism as a guiding principle considering what that directly led to in the 1940's. Or maybe you hadn't heard about the little kerfuffle that popped up in that decade.

Nook, Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I apologize if my tone was rude and or patronizing. But I really want to vote for Tulsi. I never actually thought that she would even try to split the party and I don't see why she would.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Globalism... ties across borders economically and politically... led to ww2... not nationalism or isolationism. You preach a false narrative.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are ridiculous. First, my point was about American isolationism and American involvement, and America didn't start that war. But I don't even know where to begin if you dont think Germany, Italy and Japan completely built their identities and motivations around national identity. Or are you arguing somehow that Germany was the poor misunderstood victims of that war and if the mean ol' British had just stayed

Either way I would suggest you try examining more primary sources as opposed to sketchy history essays by Richard Spencer on 8chan.

Nook likes this.
  19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

So, Sam you think it was gutsy for Powell to pimp the Iraq War?

20. biff17

biff17 Member

Interesting.