1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Toddler in Chief reacts as expected ...

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

DeSantis up, Trump down

King1 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Looks Like

Rocket River

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A bipartisan "**** Off!" to Donald Trump and his family from the national stage is all I want for Christmas.

Sajan and Andre0087 like this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

if I'm Trump, I announce tomorrow and throw a bunch of shade at McConnell.

Waiting after GA makes you look weak.

Get out ahead of Desantis and make him come at you.

Lose on your own terms, not theirs.

ROCKSS, Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The dude's a tick away from a heart attack or a stroke the way he gets so enraged, especially if he keeps expanding his girth with his fast food diet.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/11/goodbye-donald.php

POSTED ON NOVEMBER 9, 2022 BY JOHN HINDERAKER IN 2022 ELECTION, DONALD TRUMP
    GOODBYE, DONALD
    A consensus is emerging among Republicans that it is time for Donald Trump to get off the stage and stop damaging his party and his country. It is reflected in tomorrow’s New York Post cover:

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 6.31.25 AM.png

In the same paper, John Podhoretz, never a Trump fan, writes: “Here’s how Donald Trump sabotaged the Republican midterms.” Trump’s record is bleak.

Liberal fundraisers actually put money behind Trump-endorsed candidates in GOP primaries all over the place to help them prevail so that Democrats could face them in the general election. It was transparently cynical and an abuse of our political process. But it worked like gangbusters.

As Kevin Robillard of the Huffington Post noted on Wednesday afternoon, when a Michigan Democrat named Hilary Scholten was finally declared the winner of her House seat against a raving lunatic named John Gibbs: “With this race call, every single Republican who won their primary with help from Democratic meddling has lost in the general election.”

The Democrats played Trump like a violin, and he joined in enthusiastically because his megalomania blinded him to political reality. He is a loser.

Earlier this evening I was on the Bolt Report with Andrew Bolt on Australia’s Sky News. Offline, Andrew asked what I thought about his view that Donald Trump contributed greatly to the Republicans’ midterm failure. He knew my answer because he had already read this post. Our on-air conversation was mostly about how Trump has become a liability to the Republican Party and the conservative movement.

Trump is toast. He has a few fanatical followers, most of whom were never reliable Republicans or even consistent voters. They can go down with his ship if they want to. But the rest of us need to look ahead and begin the process of choosing a vastly better candidate in 2024. That will be a low bar.

Xerobull likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol at him stepping away. He’s going to become a pain in their side until he dies.

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s when Eric Trump wins the presidency!

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

His kids are opportunists just like their father. They’ll pivot once he’s gone.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not giving NY Post or any of these others Republicans saying goodbye to Trump now any credit. They had plenty of opportunities to not back Trump even though he cost Republicans, the House, the Senate and the Presidency. Kevin McCarthy on the floor of the House the night of Jan. 6th said that Trump was to blame. Two weeks later he back at Mar-A-Lago hamming it up.

The sudden wave of Republicans (seemingly) abandoning Trump has nothing to do with conscious or even disgust. It's just that there is a new hot team. It's like people who were Yankees fans suddently going out and buying Stros jerseys.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't think that's ever happened. Ever.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I’m sure it has if New Yorkers post on a Rockets forum, anything is possible.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

also, on a more serious note--these outlets turning on Trump now is little different than what happened to Andrew Cuomo. Cuomo was feared (rightly so) right up until he lost control of events--then the knives came out and people who had hated Cuomo all along felt free to finally speak up. I think you're going to see a lot more of this happening with Trump leading up to 2024.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I see you've never heard of bandwagon fans.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Except with Trump you had many Republicans turn against him on Jan. 6th and for days only to go back to siding with him. This would be like if the NY AG a month after the credible accusations came out against Cuomo started saying that he shouldn't have resigned and did nothing wrong.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

that's a non sequitur. The specific case of Yankee fans jumping ship for the Astros--which I repeat, would never happen in a million, trillion, QUADRILLIAN years--has little or nothing to do with the general phenomenon known as "bandwagon fans." ;)

18. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Trump in 2016-2020 - My INSERT NAME OF PLAN is 2 weeks away.
    Trump in 2022 and beyond - My INSERT NAME OF PLAN is 3 weeks away.

yay?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

First off yes, you should BANNED FROM THIS HOUSTON SPORTS BOARD!

I'm not talking generational support. I'm talking about sports guy living in Eden Prairie, MN who bought an Aaron Judge jersey this season but at the start of Baseball season 2023 is sporting a Jeremy Pena jersey.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

what you of course are describing here is a "casual," not a "Yankees fan."

My objection is sustained.