1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I suspect Biden will offer Trump a deal, charged with sedition, or quietly bow out never to run or support anyone again.

DD

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

^^^^
    Live look at DaDa thinking super extra hard before sharing his political thoughts.
    [​IMG]

King1 and Roc Paint like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump announcing ahead of midterms would be a very two edged sword for Republicans. While it will energize their base it will also remind other voters that this is the party of Trump and while Biden is unpopular neither is Trump and these hearings are taking a toll on his popularity even within Republican circles.

If 2022 turns into a referendum on Biden v. Trump that might not work out that well for Republicans.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The GOP can not have a man who committed an act of sedition as their candidate. It would be the final death blow to either their party or to American democracy.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

About as inevitable as it being hot as Fck in Texas in the Summer.

This is the chance though for all of those folks here who said they didn’t support Trump personally but the Democrats are the worst existential crisis America has ever faced to actually say they won’t support him and donate to other Republicans challenging him. If you talk the talk when it’s convenient then, now is time to walk the walk.

For Democrats, their best chance of gaining seats in Congress as well as winning in 24 is for this to happen. So unless you are just a troll who wants the fascist reality tv show, if you really do care about Democracy with a Conservative party of Reagan approach to governing, now is your time to do something.

Newlin, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

2022 will be payback for COVID restrictions, while conflating them with inflation and energy prices

Also, Dobbs v. Jackson demonstrated to conservatives that voting and donating pays off; we literally have to change the damn civics textbooks now

I don't know what the "Dewey defeats Truman" surprise here is

Roc Paint likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dobbs also shows Democrats that voting matters too.

The biggest loadstone for Democrats is the economy but if inflation moderates, and there are still several months before the election. That might not be as much a factor. As for getting payback for the COVID restrictions Trump was President back in 2020 and first month of 2021. Most restrictions were lifted while Biden had been President.

Newlin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. Major

Major Member

That's pretty amazing, if true. RCP average has Trump leading Desantis by 30+ pts. If it's down to 11, the hearings are taking their toll.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the hearings are definitely hurting Trump's brand.

Trump knows it. It's why he mentioned adding DeSantis as his VP and had been making unhinged social media posts against the hearings.

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I was at a local trump cult get-together a couple of years ago and during their meeting, after the last praising of trump, one of the ladies reminded everyone to check their yougov accounts and to remember to look up a name if you don't know it and rate it very neg for Ds and very favorable for Rs. Half of them were claiming to be Democrats on it.

12. Major

Major Member

If DeSantis runs against Trump, the primary is going to be fun. There's no way Trump doesn't try to rip DeSantis to shreds, and if Trump loses, he doesn't care about the GOP, so it's hard to see him supporting the nominee (DeSantis or otherwise).

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see Trump running. I think that psycho is going to be up to his eyeballs in charges for the coup attempt. No way in hell he gets away with it. There's too much evidence coming forth already that he committed several criminal acts.

14. Major

Major Member

I think if he's indicted, he won't announce a run. But he might announce a run *before* he gets indicted, to then be able to portray an indictment as a political attack and rally his base even more. It seems he's leaning towards announcing soon - maybe even this month - so we'll see.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He still sells pages of stupid MAGA hats, tshirts, flags, and other souvenir crap with his face or name on it to his supporters, along with his contribution page on the front page of his website. Those poor fools are contributing straight to his bank account whether he runs or not. I'm not even sure what they think that money is for...LOL.

Anytime I see someone with those hats, Tshirts, flags, and bumper stickers I wonder how they haven't figured out by now that it's all one big grift and con game. Hell, he'd take their last dollar if he could find a way.

Surfguy and ROCKSS like this.
  16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Totally agree, he will spin this as the latest "witch hunt", "see what there doing to your beloved savior"............get in now before the indictment and he can scream this until 2024

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My guess is they also train them to respond to polls saying you'll vote for Biden in order to give off a false sense of dominance so they justify doing something else on voting day, and it suppresses their vote. One of the things we don't talk about enough is what the heck was going on with the polling leading up to 2020.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He can scream and cry from behind bars. That should be fun. I'd love to see his ass go to a prison in
    I'd love to see him screaming and crying at River's Island, San Quentin, or Leavenworth prisons.

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I hope you are preparing yourself for a huge let down

Os Trigonum likes this.