1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Seems like Trump wants to sacrifice the lives of the gravy seals. Sigh...

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

HahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahaha

Screenshot_20220523-064915_Twitter.jpg

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Looks like an Orwellian Twitter rip off. "Truths" and "ReTruths"? LOL.

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he's already shown how he will give the orders than hide away with his Secret Service Protection and watch the chaos on TV. When a coward like Mr. Bone Spurs dodges serving in the military himself he has no business giving orders to the troops.

edwardc likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Fact check: Biden, like Trump, received multiple draft deferments from Vietnam

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...multiple-draft-deferments-vietnam/5809482002/

excerpt:

Biden received five student draft deferments, first as an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a law student at Syracuse University.

And after a medical exam in April 1968, he received the "1-Y" classification, which meant he could only be drafted in a national emergency.

Biden released his Selective Service records to the Associated Press in 2008. At the time, a spokesperson said he was "disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager," per The News Journal.

Trump received four student draft deferments and a medical exemption
    Born in June 1946, Trump was also a member of the generation called up to serve in the Vietnam War. Like Biden, he never did.

He received four student draft deferments while an undergraduate at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

And in the spring of 1968, he, too, received the "1-Y" classification — for bone spurs in his heels, per The New York Times.
    more at the link

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lara Logan retweeting Nayib Bukele's schadenfreude who is sending El Salvador into default and can't get 1B loans because of corruption charges.

****ing sad

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wishful thinking, but hopefully true.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Trump on the brink?
    The former president hasn't made a final decision about running in 2024. Some advisers say he could set a bid in motion as early as this summer.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-brink-rcna31774

excerpt:

WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump is bored at Mar-a-Lago and anxious to get back in the political arena — as a candidate, not a kingmaker — according to his advisers, who are divided over whether he should launch a third bid for the presidency as early as this summer.

While many Trump confidants believe he should wait until after November's midterm elections — and caution that he has not yet made a final decision about running — some say he could move more quickly to harness supporters and deny fuel to the busload of GOP hopefuls in his rearview mirror.

"I’ve laid out my case on why I think he should do it," said longtime Trump adviser Jason Miller, who traveled with the former president to a rally in Wyoming over Memorial Day weekend. "I think that there being clarity about what his intentions are [is important] so he can start building that operation while it’s still fresh in people’s minds and they’re still active — a lot of that can be converted into 2024 action."
    more at the link

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

[​IMG]

May he rest in pieces.

DD

12. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah Member

I could see an announcement in the summer if he and the GOP believe his public endorsement of certain candidates leading up to the November elections will benefit them. I don't think that's the case though, as in the belief that whoever he endorses wins. It's a mixed bag of results at best no? Could be one of those, if we're going to lose in November, let's lose my way but if the candidates he endorses wins then he can take even more credit. Probably also a good testing water to see how strong of a candidate he is come 2024.

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Trump Privately Called a Roe v. Wade Reversal ‘Bad’ for His Party

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/24/us/trump-roe-wade-republicans.html

excerpt:

Publicly, after a draft of the likely decision leaked in May, former President Donald J. Trump was remarkably tight-lipped for weeks about the possible decision, which the court ultimately handed down on Friday, ending federal abortion protections. But privately, Mr. Trump has told people repeatedly that he believes it will be “bad for Republicans.”

The decision, Mr. Trump has told friends and advisers, will anger suburban women, a group who helped tilt the 2020 presidential race to Joseph R. Biden Jr., and will lead to a backlash against Republicans in the November midterm elections.

In other conversations, Mr. Trump has told people that measures like the six-week abortion ban in Texas, which allows people to file lawsuits against those who enable abortions beyond that time-frame, are “so stupid,” according to a person with direct knowledge of the discussions. The Supreme Court let the measure stand in December 2021.
    more at the link

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet he made sure to make it possible with his appointments.

As usual, he says a million different things and can't help but to act contrary to one of his dozen different positions he's said.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

again, Trump spent 80 or 90 percent of his adult life as a Democrat. And he is probably more Democrat deep down than he is Republican. The Republican Party simply offered a clearer path to the presidency for him I think

Space Ghost likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I think that's the same reason he was Democrat while operating in New York.

I don't think he has any core beliefs other than what will help his personal business, marketing, and gain him some sort of administration.

He has never shown a conviction to core beliefs of Democrats or Republicans.

mdrowe00, rocketsjudoka and Surfguy like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I think that's right--other than commitment to an odd assortment of pro-business principles, if you can call them that.

What defeated him as a President (meaning what made him a bad President, not just why he lost the 2020 election) is that it doesn't seem that he has any kind of respect for American institutions, the Presidency among them. That's what underlies his response (or lack of response) on Jan 6, it's pretty much what defined most of his four years as president

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I even believe his commitment to pro-business principles is that it helps benefit him rather than a philosophical agreement with those principles.

I totally agree with you about his lack of respect for the institutions. But that goes beyond his lack of response. He set it all into motion.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump for Prison 2022!

DD

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is all politicians in aa nutshell. You don't need to be a big businessman to have an egotistical self-serving goal