1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Trade proposals for Everyone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Turbo, May 6, 2007.

1. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

The cap figure doesn't match up. Yao is on a max contract, while Howard will be on the last year of his rookie contract. Yao+Vspan's contracts is in excess of 25% more than Howard+Ariza's contracts, so this trade is not allowed. We will have to give up 1st round picks to make it happen, which I doubt the front office will do.

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Those aren't necessarily trades that I want. I'm just illustrating how difficult it would be to trade the big guy and how limited the options would be due to the fact that he is BYC. I mean these are literally three of the only options to trade him. There may be a couple more that I am unaware of (potentially with NO, who will be under the cap next year). With that said, I'm not completely opposed to moving him.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Obviously it depends on the coach to what types of moves we make.

But with JVG here, I think this team could do something as simple as.

*Sura+JL3 for Mike James
    *Sign Grant Hill for MLE
    *Sign Joe Smith/Corliss Williamson for part of the MLE or LLE
    *Draft best available player.

Just by adding Mike James and Grant Hill this team would add TWO players that can create their OWN shot to score, run the floor, finish at the basket and be able to create shots for others. Something that simple would have gotten the Rockets over the Jazz and potentially give them the goods to matchup with anyone.

On a JVG defensive team, the Rockets just need to add more offensive punch. Let JVG's defensive schemes "mask" offensive type players defensive deficiencies and go from there.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

McGrady + Luther Head

to Boston for

Pierce + Scalabrine + #2 pick in the draft (Kevin Durant)

Why would Boston do it? Because Danny Ainge is an idiot.....!!

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right now I'm almost to the point where I don't care about trading Yao or Tracy.

But if anyone wants to admit it, Yao is as much a liability as he is an asset. He still tires easy (of course, he was forced to chase Boozer). He's a turnover machine. He's so big so he lumbers. He's too slow in decision-making.

JVG wanted Yao to be another Ewing. Yao was such a beautiful passer in his first year. If our next coach can bring that out of him, keep him.

But if you can get something for him----the Bulls with Yao and Wallace could really jackslap the East; the Bulls will have cap space and young talent and a draft pick to play with----then do it. China would only allow Yao to be in a large market anyway.

Tracy? Get him some help or trade him.

Luther? Didn't I see your picture on a milk carton? Or was it the post office?

Or just admit that WE NEED A REAL POINT GUARD.

6. kkuu

kkuu Member

Rockets, please trade yao to the east, thank you, just let him go.

I want to see yao in the east. Please do that