1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Trade Proposal for Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowmt01, May 7, 2007.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Here's a stretch: How about actually KEEPING a center that can get you 20/10 most nights?

2. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

some people dont appreciate sarcasm

3. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

There's already anothoer thread.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh, okay. Good to know...

:rolleyes:

5. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

I know he is not being serious. But... I have to vent my anger (lots of it), :mad: :mad: :mad: before i can turn and support Yao again next season. :)

6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

yao for kg.

make it happen morey.

we'll all be singing your praises next june!

7. jason_long

jason_long Member

i luv this trade, and lakers will do it right away. most people on this forum registered after 2003 will become lakers fans.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Yao and Battier to the Lakers for Kobe and Bynum.

9. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

Yao and J Howard - for - KG and 2007 1st round pick

An idea against my signature philosophy.

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Garnett plus Yao plus TMac= Championships

Garnett plus TMac = Same thing we got this year.

Probability of either scenario happening ZERO

11. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Are you nuts? Do you just want to hand the Lakers a championship? They are also in the Western Conference...why would you do this? You would make the Rockets Bad with unproven players and the Lakers would roll over Phoenix, San Antonio, Mavs, GS and the Rockets.

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

A. I have ZERO interest in trading Yao and think it would be a mistake, however...

B. Les cares more about winning than he does about money. If he thought it was necessary to trade Yao, no question he would. He let the greatest player in franchise history finish his career in Toronto.

13. uchlha

uchlha Member

I dont see why tehres all these r****ded "official" trade threads.

name 1 center out there that is better than yao.
    and if u say we dont need a center we play small ball name another player that can play smallball that is even near yaos caliber.

KG is on his downside, hes 31 but dont forget hes been in the league since he was 18. I want KG but not to trade for yao.

Yao is a 1 in a million type of player, even if the league is going towards small ball/fast break if we can actually shape our team to have decent players surrounding yao and tracy we would have a chance against small ball due to the fact that yao can punish them inside. while players outside can actually hit a shot to save their lives ( NOT ALL 3 POINTERS PLEASE I DONT WANT TO SEE a 20-30 3PT ATTEMPTS LIKE WE DID IN THE PLAYOFFS)

develop vspan/novak, if they show that they cant do it after getting PT then yeah chunk em.

Like everyone says, Yao needs to develop a mean streak, he needs to A) Flop B) get a Technical Foul C) get stronger and overpower them

14. Dei

Dei Member

It isn't just stats. Yao brings 20/10 each night, but he also bring a lot of deficiencies to this team. The game has to play at Yao's pace for him to even be effective. With Yao on the floor, this team isn't as open to playing breaks. We have to play a hustling, miniature PF who can protect Yao. He gets stripped easily. Etc.

i.e. Charles Barkley is right. Yao's Robin.

15. xliu

xliu Member

Can we trade Yao to Toronto, then I can buy season tickets.

16. delwater

delwater Member

bad...replace Kobe with T-MAC, then the Rockets would be the Lakers...but see what the lakers can do in this season????!!!

17. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

Yao
    Bosh
    Ford
    Parker
    Garbajosa
    whatta lineup!

Rockets get Bargnani, Calderon, Peterson, Dixon :)

18. TheHangover

TheHangover Member

Are you serious? If we didn't agree to that trade in a heartbeat, I'd be shocked. Okafor>Yao. Right now Yao might be appear to be better because of his offense but the game's not all about scoring. Okafor has Duncan like potential if he can stay healthy.

19. lustdog

lustdog Member

This is what i have to say in response to 'Yao for KG' suggestion:
    the 2004 rosters of the Wolves: KG, Sam Cassell, Eddie GRiffin, Trenton Hassell, Troy Hudson, Mark Madson, Latrell sprewell, Wally Szczerbiak, and some other random players. And, they didn't make the playoffs.
    Given the players listed above, if KG could'nt make it, what makes you think he can make it here with our players????

20. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

because JVG a genius!