1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Trade Proposal for Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowmt01, May 7, 2007.

1. getready

getready Member

Yao for odom, smush and a bag of chips :D

2. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

From a marketing perspective, yes he is. One more year of soft play at most for Yao, most fans will be frustrated.

3. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I'd trade Yao for KG and their #1. Yao has had enough sub par 4th quarters and now playoff series to make me question whether or not he can be a true clutch player. And if he's not clutch, than his defensive liabilities become too big of an issue. KG may not be clutch on the offensive end, but at least he would bring some fire and defensive intensity. Given how short our window for success is, trading for KG (who should be basically in his prime right now) would be one of the few trades I would make. While I would love durant, oden, etc...I'm not sure that TMAC will last long enough for us to get a ring by the time they are ready.

I don't think Les will trade Yao though because of the marketing dollars involved.

4. tested911

tested911 Member

Snowmt01 I'm not going to bash you like some of the folks on this board. People are blinded by Rockets championship years.

I'm still in my rough draft phase by I will post an article soon as to why we need to change the style of this team.

1. People need to realize that NBA rules have changed dramatically how teams are playing. Hence the Phx,GS,Detroit..

2. Our team is designed for a half-court, slow it down pace, back to the basket style of basketball. (Why, when there is no such thing as illegal defense and you cannot hand check anymore.)

The NBA is not denying that they like the way the league is going because the fans love it. They love players doing the fast breaks, the 100+ points a game, the allyoops, etc.... It brings in more revenue, more advertising, more thrill......

Believe me when I say that our team is a championship team it’s just in the wrong decade about 10 yrs to late... Bash all you want people but you can't be so 1 sided that you really can't see how the NBA is being formed.

So yes I don't mind trading Yao as long as it's for players than can conform to today's NBA style of play.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Kalikuli I agree with your statement... Why because Yao brings in so much revenue that there would be no way the owner would trade Yao. Even if it meant that the team could get much better. :(

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

hooray for pseudo "official" threads.

How about every thread is prefaced by "Official" from now on? Otherwise we make it invalid?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is not a bad proposal, but the salaries don't match, and losing the business/cash potential of Yao really hurts. So, I'd still say no. And since Yao is a BYC player (I think), finding matching salaries seems to be difficult.

This is obviously the Yao trade proposal thread, but with Boston in mind, this would work.

Trade
    Tracy McGrady
    Juwan Howard

Get
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Theo Ratliff
    Al Jefferson
    Gerald Green
    Delonte West
    2007 Draft Pick (#2 currently = Durant)

I don't think Boston would do this at all, though

8. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

The answer is NO. That is the foundation of the team. We just need new support and new builder.

9. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

You are quite wrong. There was not even a clutchcity.com back then but a lot of fans wanted him out of town. Fans are stupid sometimes. Thank God that didn't happen. He wanted a trade and almost got his wish in late 80s/early 90s I think. Don't remember the exact details. I wasn't really old enouth to be a Rockets fan until that year the Sonics beat us in 7. Some guys on here will tho.

10. TheHangover

TheHangover Member

Yao and Rafer for Emeka Okafor and Ray Felton.

11. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

This is one stupid thread. You guys are out of your minds.

12. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

That is one unbelievable downgrade trade proposal.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

then find a way to get rashard lewis and gerald green

14. vlaurelio

well one more player from bobcats needed like gerald wallace.. now that makes it about even..

15. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I've been thinking about this too...

What about Yao and J-How for Jermaine O'Neal and Ike Diogu? We send him to the East, we get quicker and more athletic along the frontline, and we get better rebounding and defense.

I think O'Neal and McGrady would be a deadly and more destructive combo than Yao and TMac.

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

[*Real Official*] Trade Ideas for Yao

Since lots of fans are interested in trading Yao, I think it's necessary for me to open this thread. I suggest to trade Yao for Dwight Howard of Orlando Magic, plus something else. Any suggestions are welcome.
    P.S. This thread is official.

17. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

Something else?

Like a muffin?

18. vlaurelio

here's one guy who's actually more injury prone than tmac

19. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Wake up man, there is no way that Orlando would trade Dwight. He is the future of the NBA.

20. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Yao, J-Howard and Lucas for Jermaine O'Neal, Ike Diogu and Shawne Williams