1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Official Trade Dwight Howard Thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Dwight has been solid. He is not the problem...

The system is, the coaches are terrible at adjusting..and then defense..

1 person likes this.
  2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this seems about right -- even this season the times when Howard isn't in the game Harden just looks more engaged -- I have no idea why or what but just what I have seen.

Some of best moments in the playoffs came with Harden on the bench (G2 Mavs, G6 Clips)

While I dont believe any one person is to blame I do think Harden should shoulder more of it because of two reasons:

1) He is the teams best player - he spoke a lot about his growth in being a leader last year
    2) He is the teams primary ball handler and playmaker so getting his teammates the ball and involved falls on him more than anyone else on the team.

There have been a few moments where the two of them are connecting on the same page during their time here. I think Dwight has tried to adjust his game and has been pretty professional about whats going on. What bothers me about Dwight is that he will be amazing with his effort on both ends come playoff time and then calm down the rest of the year. We saw a glimpse of "playoff dwight" a few weeks ago for like 6-7 straight games.

At this point though I think the issues with James are more concerning. I feel that given age, injuries and durability - Dwight needs to go. But James though - his issues are more alarming because its internal personality issues. Thats something only he can change and fix. His mentality to me is very similar to how McGrady was. We all know how that turned out. I dont want to see the same thing happen again. FWIW I would take the 04-05 McGrady over Harden's year last year.

Finally my only major criticism of Morey is the probably the biggest issue and thats been the coaching staff. I think the philosophy of 3s and layups and FTs is fine but over the last few years its like the Rockets have no offense scheme or game plan other than that. Watching other teams run plays, have proper movements and get players in positions to succeed is frustrating when the Rockets are just sort of just motionless on offense watching Harden.

1 person likes this.