1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Trade Dwight Howard Thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 25, 2015.

1. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I don't like the personal side of it. But he will walk, and we are stuck.

Best to move on.

2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

D12 is lazy. It sucks because I like him so much and he is a beast in the playoffs. I got season tickets for the first time in my life during the playoffs last year. I watch him on a constant basis not run up and down the court. If it was a half court game he would still be an all star. So place a lot of the blame on him too.

3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Today's D12 is not the same D12 in Orlando, he can't do somesth. the team wants him to do

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This pretty much sums it up for me tho I think I'd keep PatBev too ....

I dont like the idea of letting go of a talent like Dwert .... but he is in decline.

As someone else stated above , Dwert isn't the problem .... but he ain't the solution either and when you cost the team 35% of the cap you damn well better be the solution.
    The Howard / Harden duo just ain't gonna win a championship so you gotta cut bait with one or the other , usually I'd keep the big man but in this case , with Dwert's offensive skills lacking along with his age (miles on the tires) keeping the younger Harden is probably the better decision .... add in the fact that this is a guard's league now , big men just ain't what they once were.

I don't think there is any way you get equal value back in return for Dwert .... but considering his contract situation and his being on the decline , if you can get 60cents on the dollar , I'd almost consider that a win.

Having a young and improving Capela & a versatile DMo, makes it a lot less painful to transition away from Dwert.

The question is , what do you look for in return for him ?!

I wouldn't mind a deal that brought in an established player like Cousins but that just ain't happening.

What I'm looking for is - a quality young player regardless of position , a 1st round pick with light protection and an expiring contract that makes up the bulk of the incoming salary so I can be a player in free agency this offseason.

I'd also be looking to move T.Jones , Lawson & Brewer ...for pretty much whatever I can get. Maybe teams in contention later in the year have a need for their skillsets & you can get a draft pick in return.

Thing is , Capela is almost as good defensively and is significantly better offensively .... As strong as Dwert is on defense he's about as bad offensively as they come. If it isn't a dunk , it ain't going in and he doesn't comprehend that , he still wants to post up despite the fact that ~40% of his post touches end in a turnover , he hits less than 40% of his shots out of the post (that are not dunks) and teams would rather foul him when he beats his man and put him on the stripe where he shoots an abysmal percentage than give up that easy shot.
    You don't have those issues with Capela , he plays within the flow of the offense rather than trying to dictate it despite being inefficient.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's funny that pretty much the whole mess was Harden fault and everybody jumps on other players trying to solve the problem.

I wanted McHale to be fired because he wasn't a good coach anyways and he lost the locker room. But Howard was the BEST player of the team in the playoffs so far, and I believe he will be again if the Rockets are lucky to sneak into top 8 at the end of this season.

Harden needs to change. His style of leadership is not really leadership. He'll need to back up his yada yada with his acts. As a ball-handling team leader, he has the responsibility to make his teammates better. He didn't do it this season.

Fire everybody as you want. But if Harden does not recollect himself, he won't win anything in Houston, or anywhere in the NBA as an alpha.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. rockets13champs

If trade corey brewer for a 3 point shooter.

8. rockets13champs

And ty lawson for calderon and fillers . We need better shooters

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah, lets trade him. Doing him a disservice keeping him here. Let him have a couple more chances at a ring. Trade him to the East if possible.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

There's only one reason I would trade Dwight... he deserves better.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Trade Dwight for shooters, since that's what our offense relies on -- making threes

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I love Dwight, but it just doesn't work. The best moments we've had as a team since he's been here were last year's regular season, where he was largely uninvolved -- and the comeback against the Clips, where James was largely uninvolved. The two of them, though... I'm just not convinced it will ever work.

13. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

I hope people realize hes gonna be playing for one of the contenders next year with a pay cut .. the guy wants to win but its hard to do that when ur the anchor for a defense of a team full of dumb idiots that make any team look glorious , can u freaking imagine Dwight Howard anchoring a Spurs ... my god.

1 person likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He going to Golden State?

15. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Naw Dwight is gonna be here next year.

Maybe the allstar break can let JB come up with some new schemes...

I still feel this team can go 6 or 7 with OKC and the Clippers even with thier play this season.

Just need a slight improvement on D

16. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

all roads lead to Spurs/Gsw ..

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glad to see so many coming over to my side.

;)

DD

18. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

If the Rockets somehow manage to get the 6th or 5th seed and beat OKC or LAC, then I like their odds against either :grin::eek:

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Screw it. Just blow it all up. Trade Harden out of this team too. Start with some new fresh blood. Get a coach who can get a youngbstar player to play both ends of the floor. Lilliard deserves to be on that allstar roster over Harden.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If we could wager on the 2016 NBA trade deadline. I'd bet on Horford/Teague/Dwight getting traded, and I'd put down a longshot bet on Blake.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/697814203172679682">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>