1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2022.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was flipping channels yesterday afternoon and ACCIDENTLY stopped on the Texan's game. Boy, are they awful. First time I have seen them play this season. Actually, I haven't watched them in about three years. The defense looked non existent, and the offense looked "confused." Both sides looked "incompetent."

charlieaustin likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What's hilarious is that some fans actually think they're tanking... or trying to be bad.

Its more embarrassing that they're actually trying to be good... and this is the result. The Jets were further behind, and made a better decision at HC. The Giants were also a laughing stock, but made a better decision at HC.

They're approaching bottoming out again... for about the 4th (or 5th?) time in the still relatively young franchise history. That's bad.

3. Major

Major Member

The Texans are taking the strategic approach to rebuilding... temporary QB and temporary HC.

They are waiting to get their long-term HC before getting a QB.
    They are waiting to get their long-term QB before getting a HC.

Genius.

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's nothing to defend... surprised some still feel attached enough to fight for them here. The current regime is making the BOB/Watson era look like glory days. That's also bad.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  5. SuraGotMadHops

This team has zero identity or any identifiable players. When watching a game there are no players to look at or pay attention to. Except for maybe Pierce, that is it. I remember on defense I would always be able to pay attention to where Cushing was, where Watt, Barwin and Smith were lined up, on offense I would see Johnson lined up out wide, Foster in the backfield, even Duane Brown over there on the left side.

Right now I have no clue who or what I am even looking at, there is no connection, no feel, no identity, no players to look for. It's like watching wrestling and the entire Survivor Series squad is full of no name jobbers. Even if your babyface team loses you at least know who the hell they are. What the hell is this???

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

1) bc easterby is not there. And I don't think he let easterby do anything, I think that was a term of his hire.
    2) I don't think we can definitely say they would not have hired Flores given the timing of culleys firing coinciding with Flores becoming available and his past connections with caserio
    3) their interest in McCown predated caserio right?

7. Major

Major Member

Next Texans genius move: hire McCown to be HC *and* QB. They always say he's a coach on the field, right? So why not make him an actual coach on the field? Saves some money too.

8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I can bet money that will not happen.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jets took a lot of the guys we wanted to; Wilson and Hall. May have taken the better corner as well. Zach Wilson sucks though

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This game was actually shown live in Dallas on CBS11 following a blowout win by the Cows. For me it was a throwback to the days of Bud Adams' Oilers when the the Oilers looked like clown s**t when compared to the Cows.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

While I agree with you about Caserio's record on hiring head coaches, the problem with clearing house in this way is that you get locked into a cycle of dysfunction where if success is not achieved in 1-5 years, you end up constantly starting over. Meanhile, the other teams in the league with stability are constantly forward while your operation is stuck in this loop. And unless you happen to acquire some generational talent at the skill positions, your chances of success are very very slim. And even if you do happen to get that talent, the constant turmoil in your coaching staff will become an impediment to the development of said talent which will then force you to restart the process again.

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Christian Harris? The guy that's played in two games so far in his rookie season? How many games do you think a player should get before harshly judging a GM on their performance? When people use evidence like this to criticize someone, it just comes off as an axe to grind because you clearly aren't being fair.

This I'll agree on. Though I admit I thought for sure going into the season that we would need the full year (or most of it) to see whether Davis Mills is the future of this team or not. But he's been bad enough that I think it is clear at this point. I wish we had someone better to throw out there too, but I imagine management at this point would rather keep sending Mills out and if he continues to suck, then they get a better draft pick to address the position starting next year.