1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 17, 2009.

1. updawg

updawg Member

looks like a legit sig bet to me. own up to it msn, its not that outrageous.

what you have now makes you look like a puss, get rid of it altogether if you don't want to honor the loss.

Damn, I'm bored at work to chip in on this

2. msn

msn Member

what he asked for isn't outrageous at all.

but blank check sig bets are ridiculous. When he never got back to me, I thought he didn't want to do it.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I TAKE IT BACK . . . I DIDN'T MEAN IT !!

Rocket River
    :p

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

I'm at work, too...so I'll chime in.

Looks like msn laid out some terms. At worst, he should be required to have his signature say "Vince just wins" - he's well within his rights to not even have that, though.

He laid out some terms, INCLUDING what his signature would say if he lost, the other party said it sounded good, but he wasn't sure about the terms exactly as noted, and then never responded.

There's no real good analogy - best I can come up with would be if I was buying something, and said to the seller, I'll take the upgrade for $10, the seller said that sounds great but let me think about the price, and then a few weeks later he ships the upgrade to you and charges you $20. At worst, I'd expect to only be out the $10, but I'd probably have a valid argument that no contract was ever entered and I shouldn't get or have to pay for anything.

my two cents.

5. msn

msn Member

Hey man, that's a great point. I should at least put what my original terms were.

6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Member

Problem solved.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

^^ lol @ sig

8. msn

msn Member

you mean, whiny b**** catered to, right?

9. updawg

updawg Member

gonna have to disagree.

they both agreed to the bet right off the bat. He's just using a technicality to get out of it similar to your analogy. I would agree with this had the sig been something out of line.

But since the winning sig is keeping with the nature of the bet, I think it should stand. If anything the winning sig is even tamer than what msn wanted posted had he won the bet.

I'm leaving work so I will probably never see the outcome of this. Good luck :grin:

10. updawg

updawg Member

oops, msn already changed it.

Good for you msn, we're all proud of you for taking the high road :)

11. msn

msn Member

not too high. I disagree with your position, but Jay was right on.

I'll do these in the future, but I'll be careful to point out that I want these details done in advance.

In poker, you don't ante up *after* everyone shows his hand. Same deal here: it was bullcrap to run in here *after* the win and say, "oh by the way..." Then act like he did everything right.

At any rate, I added it to my sig.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

like your signature. vince young on his way to making everyone a fan ;)