1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Jd1

Jd1 Member

Who is that little kid?

2. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

3. pryuen

I originally wanted to create a new thread about this.

But since it happened during Yao Ming's brief stay in Shanghai in the summer prior to leaving for Houston for the new season, I decided to post it here: the Official Thread of Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2006.

It was about Yao Ming taping a music video to promote Asian Games for China. The music video also have lots of other Chinese Olympic champions in it......and was sponsored by Pepsi.

In it, Yao Ming taught a bunch of school kids basketball fundamental, and acted as referee for 2 teams of small kids.....and he even helped a small kid to dunk !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thank you Pryuen! I enjoyed these pictures very much! You effort is appreciated. Y :p

5. pryuen

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Those are too absolutely adorable. Those kids look like they are in seventh heaven!

Thanks for the pics!

7. pryuen

Just curious........

Do you guys manage to see the video clippage I posted ??

8. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Thanks for sharing the photos. Call me old but my goodness these pictures look like were taken from Paris rather than China. Last time I was in China was some 16 years ago. Back then even the best areas of Shanghai and Bejing did not look nearly as "up scale" as what's seen in these pictures. Talk about fast economic development. Is China officially out of the "third world" yet? ;)

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Shanghai is, that's for sure. What a city!

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Born and raised in the vicinity of the area shown in these pictures, I have to say I am still not quite used to these scenes during my visits back to Shanghai in recent years. The modernization of the city on the whole scale, which didn't take place until early-mid 1990s, has been nothing but dramatic, fast-paced, and breath-taking. In some odd way I feel quite nostalgic about some of the old streets and buildings, but maybe that's just me.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I didn't because I was at work.. I will have to try it here while I am at home.