1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, calm down. You are projecting some kind of feelings, relax.
    I don’t care about wins, and the fact that you do says you’re not a long term fan.
    I like Tyrod, but he is not the future, period. He’s a 10 year vet, journeyman QB with a below average arm. He’s a stop gap.
    And that is absolutely OK, that’s not a knock on him. He has no upside.
    I don’t care if Mills is the guy or not. I do care that you use a draft pick on him you need to actually see what he has.

Fun stat, they literally have the exact same passer rating. Yet you and others want to **** on Mills and claim Tyrod the savior. Don’t be that dumb.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There u go again, grouping me with folks. I have never said tyrod is our savior, he is a stop gap qb. His job is to play out the season until we find our franchise qb.

Mills has his chance, and he blew it. Try again next offseason, i doubt he can beat tyrod who knows.
    what kind of fan doesn't care about their team winning?
    We took a dump on the number 1 seed, at least it's something to celebrate in this otherwise shtty season.

Long term fan lol. this win literally means nothing, i have complete faith that our sht franchise is not going anywhere, gotta celebrate these rare ass victories

u think getting a number 1 pick in this upcoming draft will change anything?

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think getting the best pick possible sets you up for more in terms of trading down or selecting who you want, yes. As should most people.
    This win is meaningless, as much as I like beating Tennessee, it’s still meaningless.
    If Mills blew his chance, then Tyrod should have blown his chance against Miami. The absolute worst performance and loss of the season. Just keep the logic the same.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

win thread saltier than loss thread?

7. Buck Turgidson

They put him and Floyd Reese in their Hall of Honor at halftime.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

lol honestly, we finally beat a good team, and we have a poster being salty that it's was tyrod starting and not mills. u hate to see it.

Normally a loss would make me rage at the church of easterby, caserio, fall man culley, and house of mcnairs/incompetence, and the ghost of BoB, but to see a poster being salty that we won b/c tyrod he doesn't like its just sad.

STR8Thugg, the11mingdynasty and B-Bob like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Why don’t you get off of Tyrods nuts man.
    No one said anything bad about the dude. Not a single disparaging remark. And you were real quiet when he was getting them cheeks clapped against Miami.
    The defense got us a win against a good team. Winning right now is still stupid no matter if it’s against a good team or not

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U literally giving the man back hand compliments downplaying him and what he did to get us a good win over a quality team.
    Back up qb, ceiling is Fitzpatrick, weak ass/ below average arm. Just celebrate the win like any normal ass Texan fan.

U can't even enjoy the victory cause it was tyrod starting and not mills. That's just sad bro.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s not backhanded compliments. It’s what he is, if he gets to Fitz level that’s a win for him.
    And no, normal fans shouldn’t be happy about losing draft position.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That is exactly what back hand compliments/downplaying are bro. When a person does well u don't point out his weaknesses especially during moment of success.

That's like if u pass a history test and I said good job but u suck at math and it shows.

Draft positions pffffft. Normal fan? Stop changing the goal post. U wanted mills cause he is "better than tyrod". That logic better = win more. Now that tyrod has a win, we need to lose for draft picks cause it's tyrod starting not mills. Be consistent.

Anytime we beat a high quality team, it's something to b happy about.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You keep putting words in my mouth, where have I said Mills is better than Tyrod right now? I said he has far higher upside, that’s just facts. Texans need to get a good look at him. Everyone knows what Tyrod is, he’s not going to get better.
    And no, it’s still not back handed compliments. You don’t like the truth apparently. The dude didn’t lose the game, he definitely didn’t win the game. His arm is weak, that doesn’t mean he can’t throw. He’s short, average at best arm, older back up level QB. That’s just what he is. He is an elite back up and spot starter, and that’s ok for the Texans right now. But he’s not the future.
    Comparing him to Fitz should be a compliment. Tyrod is Case Keenum basically.

14. STR8Thugg

We aren't happy about that. We are happy about beating the ****ing piece of **** Titans. You know, the organization that used to be the Oilers that that ****er Bud Adams stole from our city... If losing a spot or two in the draft means I get to see those hillbilly, inbred, Tennessee ****s wallowing in their misery in their trashcan of an outdoor stadium, watching them come to terms with the reality of their team crumbling over the loss of Derrick Henry, then I'll take that any day of the week.

Oh and btw, the number 1 pick doesn't mean **** this year. No QB in this draft class is worth a top 5 pick at this point. If you are worried the Texans are gonna be picking outside the top 5, well, you don't need to worry.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s fair lol

16. STR8Thugg

Alright cool, let's just enjoy this win over the Titans. If we beat the Jets then we can start talking playoffs.

whag00, MadMax and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I totally get the argument for hoping they lose each week...but a couple of things I see now differently than I did before.

First, I tune in hoping to see my team win. I had a lot of fun watching this game with my older son, and I realize we won't always be watching games together for the rest of my life. So getting to watch them win with him...particularly against the Titans and as massive underdogs...was memorable and fun.

Second, there are a ton of teams that seem to pick towards the top of the draft nearly every season, and it doesn't seem to move the needle for them. You need to get lucky and acquire a stud QB in this league...but you don't have to pick #1 to do that.

Finally, I'm trying not to take stuff for granted. I have no idea if the world will still be turning the next time the Texans MIGHT be a contender again. So from week to week, I'll root for them to win...and when they don't, I'll try to find the silver lining of a potential better draft pick.

joshuaao, studogg, bigdaddy and 4 others like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s probably the most healthy way to look at it

20. raining threes

The Texans have hit the easy part of their schedule. QB play should be really improving. With that said, the TD's Tyrod setup with his legs Mills most like couldn't, wouldn't have made.

The offense last Sunday was still terrible, even with Tyrod at QB. But hey, the defense setup Tyrod against Miami and Tyrod sucked. So I guess that's improvement.

Problem is the playcalling/scheme sucks and the talent on the interior OL is even worse.

cmoak1982 likes this.