1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If it wasn’t for Watt and Roby this would be the worst defense in NFL history.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That only works when it’s harder for the Titans to make the 2 pt conversion than the extra point. It was more likely that their kicker misses than the Titans not get the 2 yards needed for 2

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. conquistador#11

Romeo made the right call, this Defense could be worse than the 2010 one. Like JR commented on Watson's reaction for not winning the coin toss that was basically everyone in Houston. All that's changed is Reader but noooo you couldn't pay him, had to get Murray in here and the 10 milly Rb.
    If Fuller could just stay healthy oh my. The receiving core can still grow. Tenn. is supposed to be a "good" defense and when they weren't wasting downs, Texans were carving them up. Give them more than a season.

Not a fan of teapot but I could see why he'd boil over with that defensive effort. (then again he created that mess)

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You just hate him more and more. Imagine if the Texans fired BOB a year earlier,

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I wouldn't either. He was aggressive, maybe overly aggressive, but I have no problem with the calls.

That 2 was an easy conversion but it was tipped. Unlucky af. Just needed one stop. Brown was out of bounds on the Touchdown, but they called it a catch on the field, so it stood.

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  7. Mr. Space City

Silver lining: the regression that people “thought” they were seeing in Watson was just buttchin’s playcalling.

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is the truth. It's hard pill to swallow with no high draft picks next year. I'm more angry at the ownership for allowing Buttchin to destroy this team. This isn't an attractive job for hot coaches as people think either because of the circumstances even with Watson.

JayGoogle and Kim like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really not sure why guys were hesitating on that play, you knew Henry was getting the ball.

They play Green Bay next so...I mean the only hope they have of making an expanded playoff field is going on a 4 game win streak here.

The only hope I have here is the Texans look good enough to look attractive to a good HC when compared to other teams who will have fired their coaches.

We don't have a first round pick, we don't even have a second.

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

If the offense can compete like this we should compete with most teams. I need to see more to expect it to continue, but I'm encouraged. The offense in theory should continue to get better as Watson gets more comfortable with Cooks and Cobb.

Brutal loss though. Titans are going to run away with the division.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. Texanstradamus

2017 all over again

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Naw he has Henry we don’t.

14. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

What team can have over 400 yards on offense and still be about 200 yards short of their opponent?

We are at least 2 GOOD drafts away from being a legitimate contender!

Kim likes this.
  15. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Watson needs to get better leading his receiver on those crossing routes but hey this team is fighting and competing

16. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Romeo needs to take over coaching duties on the defense. I know he would rather step back and let both coordinators do their thing but the defense is so bad it needs a fresh start now.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the play-calling has opened up big time. He’s looked a lot better. Still needs to do a better job of not throwing behind receivers. Accuracy still needs some polish, but this is a 40 mil a year QB, if he keeps it up.
    Still sucks there’s no picks to replenish roster while he’s maxed out.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

Bob really ****ed this team beyond belief.

Gave up too much for Tunsil, Awful draft scouting, Awful player development, Traded a Top 3 WR for lint, Overpaid players, etc

gonna take at least 3-4 years and some miracle work before this team is really ready to compete for the conference.

Nook, STR8Thugg, Houstunna and 2 others like this.
  19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bro, we would've lost even if he made it... This defense is atrocious

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

That was painful to watch at the end. They just found ways to lose the game...