1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll mean he was in at least one pro bowl and that he led the league in passing at least once. Most young QB's would love that.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would be pretty happy to have the Schaub of 2007-11

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Financially? Yes.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Mariota might get drafted high, but I would definitely stay away from him if I was drafting at 1-1. Most important factor being that the offense he plays in, and the speed that is around him, allow receivers to be in positions where there isnt a defender within 5 yards. The majority of his throws are to wide open guys...throws that ANY qb can make.

Of course, he still has exceptional arm talent and he's mobile...I just dont think he'll end up being the top QB in his class...or, when it plays out, I'd think there will be at least 3 QBs in his draft class that will have better NFL careers.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Exactly... He doesn't have to make a lot of reads in that system and more times than not his WR's are running free. I also think that it's alarming that he has an excessive amount of sacks this year in a system were he doesn't have to make a lot of reads.

He might get drafted high but I doubt it. Winston is the only quarterback IMO that will get drafted with a high pick at this point.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since I doubt we have a shot at Marriota anyway... curious which three (or more) QBs in the upcoming draft will have better NFL careers?

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'm not sure...just assuming that there will be a few that will be better than Mariota. Problem with him is the system he plays in...the NFL will be like night and day for him and he's got the biggest adjustment to make. Therefore, I think lesser prospects will actually have an easier time transitioning. I think Winston will be the best one on the field though...his off field antics need to simmer down.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Taking Winston out of the picture _ Bo Wallace may race up the board depending on how he finishes out the year... And I can definitely see NFL teams being more interested in him as a NFL prospect than Mariota...

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bo Wallace over Mariota? Nah. Probably a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Mariota and Winston likely to be the first two QBs taken, well before the Texans get a chance to draft. 3rd and 4th guys currently looking like Connor Cook and Brett Hundley. Texans will probably have a shot at one of those guys.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno about that, I could see Winston falling in the draft, the character issues can't be overlooked.

12. Remii

Remii Member

You could be right... But I believe just like with Teddy Bridgewater _ being in that system and lack of competition may cause Mariota to drop in the draft...

Bo has the opportunity to write his ticket depending on how he finishes the year off. Unlike Mariota he's been facing NFL prospects on the defensive side of the ball on a consistent basis and that 4th quarter he had against Alabama will go along way.

With that said _ outside of Winston, this is shaping up to be a EJ Manual and Geno Smith type draft IMO.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

If there's a QB that OB absolutely loves, we need to do what we can to trade up for him, assuming it wouldn't cost us an RG3 price.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Connor Cook might be the best QB in the draft.

Seems to fit the "BOB" mold.

I'd be thrilled if we landed him.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Maybe since Cook won the Rose Bowl ala Wilson you could have another Wilson. Big Ten starting QBs in the NFL, just right now you've got Brady, Brees, Wilson, Hoyer, and Henne. Well Henne used to start but Bortles took over. That's not a bad list overall.

But he's a JR, is he coming out?

#955 ipaman, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Redshirt JR.. and most believe he will declare.

17. Remii

Remii Member

And he'll probably be available in the 2nd round if he does...

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

um ok... it's waaaay too early to talk draft position.

slow your roll, hoss.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hopefully Jameis is there when it's our pick.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So we can pass on him and have a sizable chuck of the fanbase actively root against the team from day one because they didn't get the player they wanted? No matter how bad the QB desperation gets among the fanbase, I don't see the Texans drafting an accused rapist.