1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Stop being so negative!

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

OHHHHH THE IRONY

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

By no means do I feel the Texans are a "good" team... but to say they're miles away from where the Cowboys are currently is over-reaching.

The Texans could very well go 8-8 this year...exactly where the Cowboys have been the last 3 years, and it wouldn't have surprised anybody at the beginning of the season if Dallas ended up there again.

The Cowboys have very much a 2012-Texans like feel to them... everything seems to have come together at the right time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they hit their "plateau" one of these weeks, and teams start playing them tougher for the rest of the season.

On the flip side, the Texans obviously have a need at QB which will have to be addressed... but they had/have deficiencies at other places as well. The goal for this year has always been improvement, and trying to figure out which of the high priced talent is still viable (or simply just high priced)... and start working on filling all the needs.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Got me a big ol kool-aid spoon ready to eat it up....

That's too easy... Even if people did that it would still be posters who complain about seeing the people they ignored taking up space on the board. Lol...

5. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

woop woop great news!

6. Summer Song Giver

You guys.... What JJ said, this was just setting up what will be a great sub rivalry in the division, one that will play out for many years between the Texans and Titans... it will give us something to talk about while the Colts reel off a 10 year streak of division victories, just like they did before when they were the only team in the division with a legit QB

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sounds like nothing has changed.

8. MystikArkitect

When most athletes say what JJ says, eyeballs will naturally roll due to said athlete overstepping his boundaries.

With JJ this just isnt the case, as he has the work ethic to backup his claims. Tennessee should thank him for this statement as it will likely fuel Mett in the long run.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Basically, he's like Kobe....he finds motivation in everything and that's what keeps him going at this level. Maybe it's over the top, but that's what drives him and makes him as great as he is. I'll take it, as long as it's kept on the field and within rules.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wuPy1FZ1NWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

This is so rich. You throw around insults more than anybody here!

There are many ways to build an NFL franchise. Stop acting like your philosophy is the "end-all".

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I ridicule those who are ridiculous. I'm fine with any at least halfway thought out position. As to my philosophy of how to build an NFL franchise, that's never been a problem, I think the Texans are doing it right by not reaching on a QB. Obviously there are many ways to build a franchise, but what I don't like is people whining because their draft crushes were passed on....especially when those draft crushes have looked awful.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Good stuff, thanks!

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

14. Remii

Remii Member

Zach Mettenburger threw for 299 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, and only took 2 sacks on 41 attempts completing 65% of his passes... And it was his very 1st start. Now that I think about it _ J.J. maybe should have left that kid alone...

People forget that there were some "experts" out there that had Zach rated as a top 3 quarterback prospect in the draft and he had a pro offensive coordinator at LSU. They have some good WR's, the makings of a good offensive line, and a proven head coach (he rejuvenated Kurt Warner and Philip Rivers careers) so that may be a kid we have to keep our eye on.

I think it was Bobby talking about Zach several times be for the draft. He may have been right on that call.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

slow your roll. mettenschaub was horrible until Houston gave him stats via prevent defense.

16. Remii

Remii Member

I'm not buying that. When a defense gets a shot to chew up a rookie quarterback they take advantage... And the kid wasn't rattled under fire.

And BTW, the Texans secondary always looks like they're playing prevent defense.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

There's nothing to "buy" here.

The fact is.. Mettenberger had an awful game until the Texans sealed the W & softened things up. Like Fitzpatrick, he had a number of passes that should have been picked off. Personally, I don't see a future for Mettenschaub, and the Titans are obviously tanking to position themselves for one of these 2015 QB's.

18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Prosch Blue
    Who r the other 2? They all look pretty hot though :)

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Hal and Labhart I just saw it online
    I remember Labhart being skinnier

20. Remii

Remii Member

Sure, the 1st half was shaky _ he's a rookie... But with 5:35 left in the 3rd quarter Zack lead a 10 play 83 yard scoring draft were they only ran 2 running plays... And that drive took only 3 minutes and 30 seconds. So no _ I don't buy the prevent defense excuse with over 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter...

Especially when O'Brien was still running Foster late in the game.

You can say that for most quarterbacks... Probably any quarterback on any given Sunday... Question is how often do they do it. We've seen years of Fitzpatrick and only one game for Zach Mettenburger. So you putting the two in the same category is premature.

Maybe... But even if they tank and Zach turns out to be good _ they may not need to draft a quarterback. And personally _ I think people may be jumping the gun when they think teams are going to be tripping over themselves to draft Marcus Mariota. I can see that dude dropping in the draft like Teddy when NFL teams pick him apart.

I'm not saying Zach will be great but for a rookie he showed flashes his 1st time out. Fans expect too freakin much from rookie quarterbacks... It's ridiculous. But you could be right and I'm jumping the gun for giving Bobby credit.