1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I really don't understand why some get so bent of shape when people express their opinions on here. They always have to result to name calling because they don't agree with another members stsnce on particular subjects. There is no reason to call people stupid, idiots, pathetic, least intelligent and other snappy names.

Go visit other teams sports blogs and you will see them jokers doing the same thing that happens around here.

Fans are going to be fans.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Well I think the Texans will have to win the division to make the playoffs... I'm not positive a 10-6 record will get them the wild card (but it's possible).

Anyway... I'm ready for that crow stew you were cooking up... Because looks like I was wrong about that 6-10 prediction.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When this forum is polluted with the same posters trolling on with the same really terrible takes it gets tiresome. This JJ Watt story is barely worthy of being a story, but people want to complain about it because they are upset they can't complain about the team losing this week. It's much better when the team loses because those sad sack types can have semi-legitimate reasons to whine.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha I have crow stew in the freezer waiting for you Remii 4 sho.

Yeah you might be right but time will tell.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're welcome to take your leave at any point in time. On behalf of many, thanks in advance!

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The thing is Bobbythegreat, you have the power to hit the ignore button. On every forum I've visited or been a part of have these same issues. I understand what you are saying but man Philly and New York fans are crazy bro.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for adding your 2 cents, I'll consider your opinion for what it's worth before discarding it.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's true, but usually they are just awful to other teams and other team's fans. Texans fans are pretty awful to their own team and to their own fans. It's always the same people who seem to be wrong every time they make a prediction that are super arrogant when it comes to their opinions.

Before the draft there was the "It's gotta be a QB" people, then the "Texans are one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL" crowd predicting like 4 wins, then they sort of gave up on predictions and just starting throwing out general pessimism. Every step of the way they've been wrong, yet they persist. They even complain about the things I say though they keep being correct. I said we'd draft Clowney, we drafted Clowney, I predicted 8 wins with a shot at 10 wins, it looks like that's how the season is going to turn out. They say Fitz is the 2nd worst QB in the NFL, I disagree....turns out he's closer to the middle than he is to Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, and Teddy Bridgewater down there in the basement.

The constantly pessimistic and inaccurate nonsense gets tiresome.

9. Buck Turgidson

Has any veteran member of the Titans said anything about Watt's comments?

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This is big for us. Gets Hal off of the field and brings some much needed speed to our secondary.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans CB Darryl Morris is expected to be back this week for the Eagles game</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/526821525706399744">October 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we'll need all the competent DB's we can get going against them.

13. justtxyank

Definitely good news, but it probably won't make much of a difference.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Brah..... that is ALL your posts.

15. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Texan fans are no worse than other fans, especially when you consider the history of the the team.

#2 Other people are "super arrogant"??? You cannot be serious.

#3 You said Clowney wasn't injury prone and did not have motor problems.

#4 Come on, ten days ago you had the Texans at 10-6 and had the Steelers as a "W", a game to not even worry about.

#5 No, Fitz IS closer to the bottom of the QB rankings. When you have to list rookie QB's and a second year QB, you have already lost the argument. Look at the Texans schedule and compare QB's and see how many of them were games where Fitz was "better".

#6 Your constant wind baggery and backtracking gets tiresome.

16. justtxyank

At 4-4, the Texans have the 5th worse winning % in the conference and are the 19th ranked team in the league.

That's not very good.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

beats the hell out 1st worse winning % and 32nd ranked team in the league.

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I am still so confused about the thoughts/expectations from a lot of posters on here.

Look at the talent base, look at the quarterback situation, look at the lack of team speed. I don't know how much more you expected from this team but we are right about where I expected them to be. We are in Year 1 of a pretty clear rebuild and it shows in the lack of depth.

The only thing that I am not ok with going forward is the lack of discipline. 12 men flags, substitution infractions, missed lanes on KOs, etc. are unacceptable and a lot of that is on coaching. I have confidence that those will be smoothed out eventually.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I can't tell if you're brilliant... or brilliantly delusional. Either way, widly entertaining; please carry on, good sir!

20. justtxyank

Guys, I was responding to Bobby's latest "not trying to insult anyone" comment where he calls people windbags for being down on the Texans standing this year.

Bobby believes the Texans are a "good" team, on part with the Cowboys with a QB that is only marginally different than Tony Romo.