1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Our best chance of making the playoffs is to win the division. However, the Colts only challenging games remaining are the Patriots, Cowboys, and us. Chances are, they'll win at least 1 of those 3. That'll put them at 11 wins on the year.

Basically, a lot needs to go right for the Texans and a lot needs to go wrong for the Colts for the Texans to make the playoffs. We really shot ourselves in the foot with those 3 straight losses. Had we come away with 1 win out of those, then we'd be sitting in a much, much better position.

The Eagles game is huge this Sunday...and if we can beat the Colts in Indy, then we can set ourselves up for a possible playoff appearance.

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Indy will be 10-6

we need to finish 10-6 with a win there that should put us in

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Us finishing 10-6 means we win 3 of the following 5: Eagles, Browns, Colts, Ravens, and Bengals.

Colts finishing 10-6 means they lose to Patriots, Cowboys, and Texans.

And if all that happens...then Indy will probably still have the tiebreaker.

However, if we finish 10-6 with wins against Ravens and Cincy, then we probably get a wild card entry. Those conference games will be the difference makers.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Love JJ...but till your team is doing much of anything, you shouldnt talk or even run your mouth...even if it against a rookie playing his first NFL game ever...

6. Buck Turgidson

Hell to the yes. It should be legal to punch dumbasses for doing the wave.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What have the t*** and their 1st year, 1st ever start, scrub rookie ever done?

You guys are a serious buzzkill in here. FFS we lost 3 heartbreaking games in a row and we finally get a win and JJ shat all over the t*** and their POS selfie loving rookie QB in the process. It should be pure ecstasy in here!!! You Debbie Downers ain't bringing me down!!! Please go to the t*** forum and go defend that POS QB and apologize for Watt while we stay here and laugh at all of you and enjoy the win!!!

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This forum had so much potential, it's a shame to see what it has become. Hopefully we can get a couple of posters removed (we all know who they are).

Good win yesterday, Arian looks fresh and healthy.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

No one on this board could give two rats a$$ about Tit-ans and their garbage football team. However, that being said...JJ Watt's comments were totally out of character. Worry about your team...be happy about getting a win after 3 crushing losses...and go out and dominate. I am surely very happy about a great win...and how Arian Foster ran all over them yesterday. Unfortunately, JJ brought this unwarranted attention on himself.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

My issue is everybody keeps on b****ing about anything good that happens. If there is a win, there are always people griping one thing or another.

11. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Well they got the right player

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wow...talk about reading too much into a something. i've only mentioned the jackets once. it was out of character for him and a bit hypocritical. that was my point. you're a little too emotional there bud.

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

as for the game, Watt did his thing like he always does. what's disappointing is the rest of the front seven. even with clowney back, no one could get any pressure.

i still don't think they have a chance at the division. the colts are an offensive juggernaut and aren't going to lay down to bad teams, and will win a couple against the good ones.

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

This. Get over it already. JJ can say whatever he wants to say.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The few super negative "fans" who seem to live just to dump on the team really bring this forum down. I think we'd be better off if those people just moved on to complain about new teams. I mean, disagreement is fine, but when win or lose there's a bunch of "FIRE EVERYONE!!!" type posts going on, it's a bit sad.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Real?

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

But why does JJ Watt get the heat for the jackets? He didn't make them, I believe Connor Barwin did. Was he suppose to turn it down?

I personally never had a problem with the jackets. I just thought it was a fun thing Connor wanted to do for his teammates as a show of solidarity.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was pissed off that we threw away another winnable game, you ever get mad about something and say something over the top? Happened to me. You know the people I was talking about, and they aren't those who simply got mad after a game once.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah as a 2nd year player, he really had no choice but to go along with what Barwin was doing. Also, you'd think that incident taught him a thing or two about why dicking around like that isn't the thing to do and he was passing that info on to the rookie.