1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Locker fumbled before anybody touched him. No sack for Watt.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The CSN postgame show outside the interviews is turrible, those 3 ex players sound like they went to the school of Clyde Drexler commentating.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

we just cant take another loss after that...3-1 and the texans wrap up home field advantage...that could all change if NE and Baltimore lose once more

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

We control our our destiny also.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

shame...he was right there...he made him fumble and probably tinkle on himself as well

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

But the team got credit for a sack on the play, so they're not saying he just fumbled and it was recovered by us. So individual credit has to go to somebody, right?

ESPN is currently showing it as a "team" sack.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't expect us to run the table, but doubt NE or IND will either. 49ers visit Foxboro right after we do. This team will take care of the Colts. No way they get more than a split.

Joseph comes back when he's ready - I get the sense that they made a decision not to rush him this week so he'd be fresh for MNF. I'd bet if this was a playoff game, he'd have been in.

They did a good thing with Tate - just work him in. He got a handful of reps. No need to "test" his hamstring with Forsett doing so well.

Barwin still quiet, but he had a few effective rushes. It takes a gang, and we saw a gang today. Locker looked like a shell shocked vet by the end.

Wade's scheme has always de-emphasized the secondary. They're almost an afterthought (and usually this bites him over time, like it did in Dallas). He wants to destroy the pass in the pocket, preventing deep play development and encouraging rushed/affected passes that the secondary can pick off opportunistically.

The main way teams can Wade-Bust this attack is to bring out a spread and utilize quick routes, a la West Coast. It forces the secondary out of a zone and into man-to-man, creating a mismatch, and if you can hit your man in less than 3 seconds, it makes the pass rush pointless. Trick, is, not every team is talented or coached well enough to execute it (GB and NE are), and the SWatt team has brought about an impressive counter to quick short (read: low arc) throws.

Few teams are so deep at DB that they can deal with 5 targets all game. When we are without Joseph and McCain, you're promised a mismatch. At least a couple guys are going to be over their head, no matter what. If Wade adjusts by going Nickel or Dime, we're only sending 4, giving the QB more time to find his man.

But hey, 11-1. Special Teams looked better today, outdoors. Doing it short handed. Sharpton, Mercilus, and Ruud looking good, and we're going to slowly get guys back.

1 person likes this.
  8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'm back. Had great time at the game!..must have high fives at least 20 fellow Texans fans. Glad I went :)

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>CB Brice McCain's foot injury is still being evaluated, per Gary Kubiak. TE Garrett Graham had a concussion <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Nick Scurfield (@NickScurfield) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickScurfield/status/275367417243398145" data-datetime="2012-12-02T22:34:43+00:00">December 2, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. ROXRAN

Graham had a wicked hit laid on him. The crowd was oohing on that

11. emjohn

Yeah, looked like at least two different helmets rang him up. He was clearly dazed afterwards.

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

On TV it sounded like the Titans fans were cheering like crazy when the Titans were on offense, was it really like that? Are they really that dumb?

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I only got to see the second half; not too impressive on offense, but a win is a win. Let's get ready to rumble next week. This is a big one. And the stupid Colts are 8-4 and are likely going to make the playoffs. If they beat us twice and ruin our near perfect season, I will need mental health counseling. For the last three weeks we have been winning, but have looked far from dominant.

14. ROXRAN

It did seem a little like that. So many left early in the 3rd quarter. Lol....a few added thoughts. . Not going to lie...several very attractive female titans fans where i was sitting. The fans seemed most afraid of Watt from what I heard near me. They did not think highly of Locker and in accuracy...I did think it was going to rain, but it did not thankfully. Very windy at the stadium.

15. emjohn

Nothing to grumble about - we pasted them in the first half and reined it for ball and clock control in the second half. Defense was too much for them, even with Joseph, Reed, James, McCain, and others missing.

We dominated today, end to end. You don't have to run up the score for that to be the case.

Get back some more of our guys, get Tate back up to full form, and we're at least finishing 13-3.

Amazing how folks are still so fixated on the glass being 5% empty.

16. ROXRAN

Btw,...Surprise aspects to me that made me feel better...special teams play and MLB play. These two concern areas actually seemed to be much improved for this game.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am not being unnecessarily pessimistic by any means. My hope at the beginning of the season was a team hitting on all cylinders right about now. I was hoping to be healthy and rolling. I actually didn't expect a record this good. What I didn't want is to be beat up at key positions and have a late season collapse. One out of the two has already happened. It bothers me that the Ravens, Pats, Broncos, and, yes, even the Colts are so close. If we are going to be 13-3 as you predict, we may not have home field throughout the playoffs. I assume you are thinking the losses will be to New England and the Colts on the road.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't think they have to credit somebody. Carr would scramble out of bounds, effectively sacking himself and I don't think anyone would necessarily get credit for it.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Cool to see Carmichael and Harris in actual defensive snaps. Hope one flashes enough so that we don't have to see Alan Ball anymore

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

Given how Roc and Harris looked, hoping Ball makes it back soon.