1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gunn, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

a VERY good throw. . ON THE RUN

Rocket River

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Yeah, no doubt that there are some explanations for why his stats aren't all that great passing wise. I'm just saying that in general people aren't going to get too excited by the passing stats (since many people will just look at the stats).

I'll give him credit though. He is in a tough situation and has made some nice plays. As long as he keeps improving, he should be fine. He can be a good player in this league, just not ready to say he'll be amazing yet.

He'd also probably have better stats if he had a better team around him as well.

3. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Sammy - Let's not get into the stats with Carr.... Forget the fact that he got benched... :rolleyes: By the way, I am not a Carr hater. I think he is a solid QB that should get the "warrior" label. He battles just as hard as anyone and has taken more abuse over the past 4 years than just about any QB in the league. Plus he hardly gets hurt. I have him on my Fantasy team and him getting benched really hurt.

Carr will shut up the Titans on Sunday... :rolleyes:

Sammy - Where you at... :p ;) A victory is always that much nicer when it is against the Texans and the Ravens (hope the later comes in a few weeks)... I am just playing with ya...

Vince Young is the freaking man... He is a superstar in the making... He is so cool and calm and in one word is a WINNER. I can't believe this is only his fourth game as starter. Being a Houston native, I love how he will always be jacked when he faces the Texans.... Where is Mr. Merril Hoge?? He did not think Vince would cut it in the NFL. Could not make the NFL level throws due to that strange throwing motion. What a loser...

ps - I still can't believe that call the ref's blew when Drew Bennett made the great catch on 3rd down on the Titans last drive. I mean he had possession and got two feet in bounds. I hope the ref's get reprimanded over that call. Also the personal foul that VanDenBosh got on Carr was a joke to. Oh well, it was a nice victory none the less.

4. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

I'll have to hand it to you. Hats off on the call. I'll say this much, VY showed more poise and pocket presence after 4 games in the NFL than Carr has EVER shown. He made a few winning plays but they were winning plays. I admit it. I got punk'd into believing this guy was any damn good. So did Kuby. :mad: :mad: :mad:

But, here's a thought. I think Kuby is trying to maximize Carr's numbers to make him better trade bait in the offseason. Say maybe to Arizona since Warner will probably retire or be cut take your pick, they will be in need of a good backup QB possible spot start or something. Say their 1st (preferably), or a 2nd rd pick for Carr? Carr has skills but I think he needs a different address and a fresh start.

One thing also, for everyone downing Kuby, here's a thought. Every single one of our draft picks is/has/had competed and contributed towards the Texans progress. EVERY single one. Spencer is out with injury but even he was doing good.

If Carr survives the HELL week he is certain to get, I say Kuby puts him on a very short leash. If no production after 2-3 possessions, Sage is in. Kuby is going to allow David to screw up another game. Just my opinion though. :p

5. Summer Song Giver

Carr to Az is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Also the cap hit the Texans would take by trading Carr means one thing, he is here for the remainder of his deal which is so totally stupid it is beyond words.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Vince still has to prove he can make the passes. He was way off on several long throws.

7. Summer Song Giver

I like Vince really I do, I cannot and will not root for the Titans ever tho. That said Vince puts alot of air under his throws and that is trouble in the NFL we'll see if he can adjust, I hate that he is a Titan tho.

8. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Oh well, there are no guaranteed contracts. He keeps sucking bad enough, just cut him.

Remainder of deal? How long is that anyway?

9. Summer Song Giver

I think it is 3 yrs 24 mil. guaranteed money. That is an impossible hit on the cap unless you truly commit to starting from ground zero, which I would probably support at this point just not sure most of the fanbase would.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i would have won the lotto if i had 4 more numbers correct.
    what's your point?

Carr stunk and the Titans won. but vince blah blah blah blah blah
    Titans won.

11. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

After the excrement I saw Sunday, I would have no problem with us taking Quinn or Troy Smith in upcoming draft. Carr has had chances and IMO if there is to be a REAL career for him, it will be elsewhere than H-Town.

We may as well just call it a big, fat SH*T sandwich. :mad:

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound. Gotta love when "houston natives" root for other teams to win. anyways...I was as dissapointed as anyone from what I saw yesterday. I really thought Carr was on the rise but its hard to support him after what happened yesterday. I really dont think he deserves another chance but Im sure he will start again this Sunday. It sucks even more that Sage came in and completely dominated the Titans defense. By the
    way...I thought picking Carr's option meant he would be with us for 1 more yr , not 3. Is this correct?

13. sammy

Whats the point?? The point is that we should have gotten the first down moron and not punted practically out of endzone. Whats the point of saying if i got 4 or more #'s correct i would have won the lotto. Where is the relevance? Im talking about playing fundamental football and making plays. Not picking #'s. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. tinman

Supporting Member

sammy,
    if quantum leap was real, i think you'd be the first person in line to try it out.
    and i think, all the things in history that you could have changed, you'd go back to the titans vs texans.
    if u do go back in time, tell Maxwell not to marry her cause she's a gold digger.

15. sammy

Going back in time? What are you talking about man? My point was that the Texans killed themselves yesterday. We need to make plays....its simple. Carr deserves almost all of the blame but dropped passes are unacceptable. You do know that Plaxico Burress got benched at halftime this yr for dropping passes ? The interception by Sage happened bc AJ didnt make the catch and the other dropped pass put us in a highly vulnerable position. AJ is a beast and will make the pro-bowl again at this pace so please dont take this as hate towards AJ.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

yesterday? how about the other games they lost this year?
    why did AJ drop the ball?

maybe he didnt concentrate, maybe he wasnt inspired. we know he's a probowl wideout.

why?

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Because Carr's a doody head.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I thought only about 6-7 million of the 24 was guaranteed bonus money. If traded, the Texans would have to eat about 4-4.5 million since Carr only has two years left. Trading Carr would be doable if the Texans were interested in trading Carr.

I think Carr stays. Carr has looked much better this year than any preceding season.

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

He is if the rest of the pieces are there. His impact as a player is understimated because he isn't conventional. But he is easily one of the 20 most impactfull NFL players, and has a case to be at the bottom end of the top 5 Qbs.

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tennessee suspended Pac Man Jones today for one game (Jacksonville)... too bad they couldn't have suspended him for our game. His contributions directly led to 14 points for the flaming thumbtacks!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2646104