1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 22, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Did anyone actually expect a win after seeing the first two drives to start the second half?

javal_lon likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Losers talk like losers. We are insane let's work harder on being more insane. Stupid F!

Rudyc281, fchowd0311 and javal_lon like this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I used to laugh at the Texans ... Now I'm getting bored at all this ... Even comedies become frustrating to watch if it's the same writing every season...

4. Major

Major Member

One other thing has been consistent since his rookie year (and before) - BoB. Nobody improves or progresses in this system. It's terrible coaching and always has been.

BMoney, MadMax, whag00 and 2 others like this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Just getting ready to say this. Remember when BOB was the QB whisperer? Not even Deshaun has gotten better under him

Mr. Space City likes this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Right after the first half he had smh.

Not to mention the drive he had right before the half smh.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Should have payed DJ Reader instead of all the other LBs who OBrien paid. He alone would have impacted the run game.

Dolphins are probably going to be more successful over the next 3 seasons thanks to the Texans and that’s pretty depressing to think about.

This game was yet another game where one coach makes adjustments and the other one keeps banging on the square peg. Watson is regressing right before our very eyes and the team as a whole is just not consistent in the least bit.

They don’t know when and how to run DJ - wasting his talent on bad run scheme. Passing game looks nice one play and then we run a jet sweep for a big loss the next and have to play catch up. Pretty frustrating.

fchowd0311 and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. conquistador#11

I guarantee you this though, if it was a laid back #90 laying the hit on a Philadelphia Eagle QB, that's a yellow flag all day.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know, I'm starting to blame myself. I keep watching a Bill O'Brien run team expecting something different and he gets me every time. Maybe it's time for me to grow some balls and stop watching the Texans.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Bill O'Brien on defensive breakdowns: 'Some of that had to do with being on the field a lot."

Aaron : Have you suggested to the NFL to allow the Texans to "paly from home" through Zoom or Madden?

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a shame because Watson can be one of the most exiting players in the league. What a waste of talent.

conquistador#11 and coachbadlee like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I signed on for six more years?!"

Rudyc281 and BigShasta like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

mom not sure why you’d expect a win after the first half. The Texans scoring drives were 100% due to the Steelers defensive play calling. They just inexplicably had a few too many plays where they rushed 3 and still didn’t cover well.

14. JayZ750

Im not watching anymore after this week.

more interested in Seahawks, Cardinals

#514 JayZ750, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  15. JayZ750

notwithstanding that you meant exciting and not exiting :) ... absolutely.

honestly I think they found fire Bill and Tom Kelley, hire Bienemy (sp?) from KC tomorrow and have one of the best offenses in the league in 2-3 weeks.

sure they’re not overloaded with talent... BUT they do have enough to scheme their way, with DW4, to a top 5 offense.

why?

because anyone who thinks DW4 is part of the problem is insane. He’s more than capable of being a top 5 QB and even an MVP player if he’d actually have any competent coaching around him. They have a WR corp - not insanely great but pretty solid. They have a couple tight ends that are certainly capable. Frankly every time they go to a TE you think “why don’t they go there more?” Their line isn’t amazing but there’s talent to the point you can scheme around it.

Sure it’s not likely to happen this week or mid season but anything that gets dumbass out and potentially Bienemy in is a win.

so today’s really a win.

gatsby likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Loss but within one score.... baby steps

Rocket River and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm actually interested in the Patriots, Bengals, Ravens and Bucs.

JayZ750 likes this.
  18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I don’t think I have ever seen this at any level of football.

gatsby, Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. conquistador#11

Almost like they were reading the thread at half time of us complimenting using tempo to get Deshaun in a rhythm, linemen not having to think and then said: "You know everything that has worked? Scratch that. Let's go back to establishing the run by forcing the run."

20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Texans lost the game in the second half. The first half looked solid.

Rudyc281 likes this.