1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . . . .even with injury they should win the division

Rocket River

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Ehhhhhhhh... I'm not going to beat him up for it. Especially playing without Arian. (BTW, has the Ben-Tate-is-better-than-Foster crowd finally been silenced? He's a nice back-up.)

The TD pass to Casey was, technically, in the 4Q and indicative of a coach/team going for it. I loved it. They had that awful 3-and-out after the defense stopped the Saints to begin the quarter - but the next time they had the ball, it was 26-24 and the Saints' offense was rolling. You probably should go run, run, run, punt - I don't disagree. But execution, not playcalling, killed them from that moment on, IMO. Dropped passes, poor passes...

Soooooo true. Boy, is he missed. This is a different team with him in the game. I hope he's back 100% next week.

Yeah, I think they'll roll the division - 5-1. But I worry about the clinching I saw yesterday. Schaub needs to relax a little bit. Well, a lot bit. Looked overwhelmed by the moment yesterday.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I was seriously tellin my bros the same thing .... How you're gonna jaw with someone and u couldnt guard Lance if he told u the play beforehand...Makes no sense at all!!!

4. conquistador#11

Wade needs to call a meeting for thursday, and not tell Kareem about it.
    That way they have an excuse to suspend him til further notice. =)

5. today

today Contributing Member

I thought we played better than average, but to win these big games you have to play your best.

The two things that angered me were the no-call on the pass interference on Andre at the goaline (cost us 4 points having to settle for a FG), and Kubiak not calling a timeout with 1:20 left before halftime when the Saints were kicking a FG. Kubiak just let them drain the clock when we could have gotten the ball back with 1:10 and tried to drive down for a FG. Obviously a stupid move.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
    Colts release statement that there has been "no change in Peyton Manning's status since our last statement on Sept. 8."

JimIrsay Jim Irsay
    by caplannfl
    I didn't say Peyton out 4season FOR SURE,keeping him on ActiveRoster n taking it month by month/Outside chance of return n December possible

8. DonnyMost

They're 0-3 and Manning won't even be cleared to practice until December.

Unless they're playing meaningful games, there's no way they trot him out there.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The saints did seem to gear up their defense to stop the run in the 4th and they did just that. That fact, plus a dropped ball and a couple of poor throws turned into those couple of 3 and outs which completely killed the texans.

The defense was put in a bad position but they were next to non-existent in the 4th. Watching Brees pick the secondary apart with the 4-5 wides was painful to watch and i'm afraid we will see a lot more of that with other teams picking that up.

10. DonnyMost

The good news is there's hardly any teams left on our schedule that can even run 3 receiver sets effectively.

The Falcons, Steelers, and Ravens are pretty much the only teams left that can throw the ball around.

Now, running the ball, on the other hand... we're going to see plenty of that.

Nearly every team left on our schedule has a *great* RB.

MJD, DMC, Rice, Blount, Turner, Benson, CJ2K, Hillis, Williams (Newton?)... hell, even Addai is making a little noise.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think this team is fine, and will beat the snot out of Pittsburgh this week, Pitts can not run the ball, and their D is old......

Texans got this.

DD

12. DonnyMost

Their D will bury Schaub if we can't get Arian going in the 1st half.

Harrison and Head & Shoulders boy will eat him alive.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Inside linebacker DeMeco Ryans played his best game. He finished with six tackles and was excellent on coverage.
    "When they went empty, they changed their routes," Ryans said. "We have to get tighter (coverage) on receivers.

14. DonnyMost

Demeco and Cushing did have good games. It was especially good to see Demeco acting like his old self. Bodes well for the future.

15. Hey Now!

The thing about the Saints - their defense is not very good. They bring a ton of blitzers to cover up a pretty terrible secondary - that's hard to run against. Attacking that isn't a terrible idea. Execution killed them, not playcalling, IMO.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree entirely.

17. DonnyMost

So, now that trading Slaton is pretty much never going to happen... once Ward returns, do we cut Slaton and bring in OB27?

I never want to see Slaton in a Texans uniform again. He is the offense's version of Kareem Jackson, absolutely worthless.

18. Hey Now!

I suspect we'll see A LOT of Foster (hopefully) and Casey in the backfield. They'll eat Tate alive. Geez, TroyP is just a beast, man. Not really fair.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I was confused why the Texans did not do more of a back out in the flat, that is a blitz killer....

They come up the middle to stop the run, and you simply slip a back in the flat and let him run all day...

DD

20. Hey Now!

1,000 times yes. Did you see him literally run into his own man a yard behind the line of scrimmage yesterday with a GIANT hole to his left? Running scared. He's pretty worthless.

How did they ever coax a 1,200-yard season out of him??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.