1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Texans @ Redskins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 14, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We have more talent then the Colts this year, i'll keep saying it again and again. If you take Manning off that team they are literally done for and might be lucky to win 2 games...take off Andre, take off Schaub, the Texans will still fare better than that.

Any ways, on to the 'Skins. Texans have more talent than this team also. Redskins CBs should get ate up. Hall will probably flip out trying to cover any of the Texans WRs and the Skins won that game because Dallas made a big mistake to give them the 10 points.

Also the last time Kubiak played Shanny it was not pretty for Shanny. The only thing I am worried about is Haynesworth falling on top of Schaub. Also a 3-4 defense...but with a threat on the ground such as Arian Foster and all the passing threats Texans have an elite offense. Do the Skins have an elite defense? I think the Skins vs Boys matchup was more about the Cowboys looking really bad like they have during preseason than the Redskins looking good.

I don't think this is the old Texans, win a big game then follow it with a let down. Last year was a lesson to them, every game is as big as the Colts. Everything i've heard from them proves that. Now it's time for them to prove that this game is as big as the last and wipe out the Skins.

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

That may be so, but we still have to prove it. One game doesn't necessarily prove anything. I will say, however, that the Texans are on the way up and the Colts are showing chinks in their armor. Are we the better team? I doubt it, but it doesn't seem too far off anymore.

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

Also, it makes no sense to take the best player off of two teams and then compare them. The fact is, the Peyton plays for the Colts, and as long as he's under center, they have a very good chance of winning every game they play.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The only way anyone doubts it is because of the names on the front of the jerseys and not the ones on the back. The Texans have more talent throughout their team than the Colts.

Well, we'll see how good Peyton can carry a mediocre team then. Because if they play the same way, the Giants will run it down their throats, Peyton will get knock down a few times...still have a great game...and still be on the losing side. Just like the year Kobe had no one but him and Odom, put up great numbers and still lose the game. That is the point...I just don't see the talent on that team this year other than Peyton, Wayne, Clark, Freeney.

I look at the Texans and see pro-bowl talent in Ryans, Mario, Andre, Schaub, Cushing, Pollard, and Daniels when healthy....Verdict is still out on Foster...Texans have more talent. I actually would not be surprised if they finished 3rd in the AFCS (The Colts) because they are not going to win the line of scrimmage like they used to every week. I also can't imagine what Chris Johnson will do to the Colts run defense...

Their oline used to be one of the best, their Dline used to be one of the best at getting pressure...And everything worked out...but when you lose that battle you're just not going to find much success period. This is the bigger problem for the Colts, their Oline is weak and Saturday isn't as good as he used to be.

Problem is Colts can win games only one way, through the air. If they do not get the lead first or face physical ground game teams, they will lose. The Texans aren't even that physical of a team compared to the Ravens, Jets, Steelers, Titans, I just don't see them faring well this year. I could be wrong...but I think there is just not much talent throughout that team to remain an Elite team and have this benefit of the doubt over the Titans and Texans this year.

But this is offtopic in this thread, the Colts are in the past right now. As long as Texans win this next game against the skins they don't even have to worry about the Colts until week 6 is it? not entirely sure, right now I just hope the Texans focus on the Redskins, get over how big of a win last game was and focus completely on beating the Skins.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Foster has a let down game, just 187 yards with only 2 TD's. . . :(
    . .BUT. . .
    We win 28-14 :grin:

6. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

If the redskins play like they did 2 days ago, the texans will blow them out

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Texans run the ball effectively in the 1st quarter.

Redskins shut off the lanes after that.

Matt and Andre get their turn to shine.

Defense runs McNabb ragged.

Texans 24
    Redskins 13

8. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Texans 27-10.

Matt Schaub puts Haynesworth out for the year.

1 person likes this.
  9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If you don't think we look better after 1 game, just remember we ALREADY tied our in division win record from last year. . .No where to go but better and I'm loving it!

10. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

When the schedule came out this was the game I circled as a must-win. I figured the Texans needed to beat the Redskins regardless of what happened with the Colts. If the Texans lost to the Colts, oh well, they weren't supposed to beat them anyway. Win at Washington to avoid going 0-2 and digging themselves into a hole. If the Texans defeated the Colts then they need to validate that win by beating the Redskins. The victory against Indianapolis will mean less if they don't beat Washington. The Texans can't afford to win one then lose one.

I'm expecting the Texans to be behind at halftime but come out on top at the end.

Texans 26
    Redskins 12

1 person likes this.
  11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Nothing I saw impressed me about the Skins. I think we definitely unleash the air attack this game. I pick the Texans to win big. Go ahead and put me down for 31-10.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Mcnabb does not make decisions as fast as manning. If they can put pressure on him like they did Peyton, it should be a fairly easy win.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Manning cannot run as fast as McNabb. Without Cushing to spy, I'm slightly worried about Donovan's feet. Which sounds weird since he's a grandpa by QB standards now.

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

Orakpo impressed me. I'm just hoping we can stop McNabb from running on us. We generally have trouble with mobile QBs.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

First play has to be a play fake to Foster and go long. You know the Skins are loading up for him. Catch em for a quick six.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Looking forward to more Daniels and AJ. The playaction was killer before Foster became a God amongst men, now...... :cool:

17. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

I'll be there! Need to limit our turnovers and contain McNabb's opportunities to scramble. Our D should be up to the task since he doesn't really have any unstoppable receivers.

Texans by 10

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If you are in the Dallas area, you're getting the Patriots at Jets...

The entire state, except Metro Dallas is getting the game.

Pittsburgh is at the Trailer Park Titans in the early game.

Chicago at Dallas on FOX at noon.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I live for Sundays.

No other day matters.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Also on Mondays during the rare times that we are on.