1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 4, 2012.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you have to completely hit the panic button at 21-0 when it's still early in the 2nd quarter. The problem was that they couldn't get anything going on the ground

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Oh yeah, that makes it totally reasonable!

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The deep pass kills us too though. Henne exposed us on deep routes and Stafford obviously did. I just think in general this team doesn't cover the pass well when they aren't getting a hell raising pass rush.

It's crazy really. It makes zero sense. The offense just falls completely apart. They also kept showing Andre on running plays where he looked lazy on the field. They are rhythm team and I get that, but when they aren't in rhythm it's like they just quit.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I was listening to the radio on the way to work and they were mentioning how Wade shows his blitzes too early...and against QBs like Brady, Brees, Manning, etc...if you show the blitz early, they can adjust quickly to it.

Pretty good point...any time it looked like we would blitz, I just always kept getting a bad feeling bc I can see Brady making the necessary adjustments.

We got completely out coached last night, both Kubiak and Wade were getting played.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Draft-

WR
    CB
    LB
    CB
    LB
    CB
    S
    CB
    CB
    CB

Kinda what we need to beat quick throwing QB's. Meh, whatever. At least I got to bed on time. Full of sadness.

6. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

lol me too :(

7. David Stern

David Stern Member

Did anyone else see the stat they showed during the game last night?

Arian Foster most carries on 3rd down in the NFL since Terrell Davis in 96.....we still got 3 game left:eek:

I wonder how many of those carries happened on 3rd and long draw plays:p

Kubs needs to grow a pair and play to win

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

if we're Super Bowl pretenders then no one in the AFC is a contender except the Patriots, not even Denver who has lost to us and the Patriots. the Broncos have bottom fed as much if not more than the Texans. but you don't just give the crown to the Patriots. the one and done system is what makes it great. You just have to be great that one day even if you're the inferior team. last night's loss doesn't mean we can't beat them if we meet again. on the flip side though, it's also possible we lose our first playoff game and never get a chance at Brady again.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

610 had mentioned something where the stats show that Arian's runs had been predominantly to the right side up till this season, IIRC. That of course was before the offseason and injuries tore it up.

Oline is terrible right now. has to improve for the playoffs.

10. rezdawg

Haha, luckily I didnt notice any. :grin:

But, when it got to a certain point in the game and it was clear the running game was getting manhandled, I dont know why we kept attempting the run.

The Oline did a poor job blocking for Foster last night...although, I liked watching Tate when he came in later on. Tate just runs with a certain power and speed that is refreshing after watching Foster disappoint for most of the season.

And what was up with lining Andre up at the FB spot to start the plays? I dont understand that, as it does nothing to confuse the defense. I would have preferred if we just ran 5 receiver sets in hurry up fashion...

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ben Jones was getting worked bad on the o-line.

12. David Stern

David Stern Member

so was OD in the run blocking plays...we missed Graham

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He ask and all I did was answer.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You're being nice.

15. Classic

Classic Member

They didn't have Gronk. Dayum.

16. David Stern

David Stern Member

LOL....ok bro....didn't say anything about Graham being the difference in the game....Only said that Graham is an important part of the run game....due to the fact that he's our best run blocking TE....OD is below average at that.

17. Classic

Classic Member

No don't take it that way. I was trying to make some sort of justification last night for our offensive woes last night and J Gruden last night mentioned us hurting with out Graham. I'm thinking ya, that's why we're sputtering. But then I realize, if we were hurt so badly by our #2 TE being out, how badly were they hurt being w/o their #1 TE?

BTW, Kubes is an idiot. To not game plan to exploit their suspect secondary through the passing game was just beyond me. ON MNF count down they showed how to torch the NE secondary and even said, "This is what the Texans do best in their passing game." Jeez.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He threw a deep pass on the first series that Jean dropped. On their second series, he opened with four straight passes and then hit Jean for 24 yards, sandwiched by two Foster runs. Schaub then threw the pick in the end zone. He opened the third series with a long pass and ended it with a pass that resulted in a sack/fumble. On their fourth series, he opened with 3 passes and ended with Walter dropping a 4th down conversion. He finished the half throwing on 7 of his final 9 plays.

Execution was a much bigger issue than playcalling. Of his first 35 plays, 23 were passes and included two sacks, two drops, two fourth down failings and an interception. And 0 points.

19. rezdawg

They talked about it in the morning on 790 today...that Graham being out messed up what Kubiak likes to do with the offense. And that we couldnt play the way we would have liked because of that.

Having said that, it's kind of sad that the head coach can struggle when his 2nd string TE being out forces him away from his usual routine. That failure to adjust properly or game plan properly against a crappy secondary is kind of scary. Wade was just as bad last night. Total team loss...coaches and players all to be blamed. Except AJ and Watt...those two are bad mother****ers.

20. rezdawg

I think the issue is not that he wasnt passing enough...the majority of the passing plays were conservative passing plays. There werent many that truly tested the secondary. Part of that is also due to the fact that Schaub was off and the Oline wasnt protecting very well...but nonetheless, the passing plays were weak. The Patriots had given up 55 plays of 20+ yards up until last night's game...there was no reason to not constantly go for those big gains. We tried a few times, but when you are down that early, you need to try a little bit harder.