1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 4, 2012.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Fair enough. You don't get to be a coach at the professional level by being incompetent, but there are levels of coaching talent. Clearly, he was outmatched last night.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

SERIOUS meltdown for Chef_Monteur. LOL...

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think this just comes down to not performing under the bright lights...its a part of being a young and inexperienced team. The two losses against the Packers and Patriots are making it evident that this team hasnt learn to channel their emotions the right way when they are on the big stage.

Very disappointing loss...but hopefully they are maturing along the way.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

This one still stings this morning..

Schaub...

Foster (whom I was the biggest fan last season)... has disappointed me all campaign...

Defense... not the same without Cushing...

Special teams... our weakest link...

Only bright spot IMO has been AJ. He can still be that guy.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Whatever happens the rest of the way, Kubiak will be back and so will Schaub. That's just how Uncle Bob rolls.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Kubes should have thrown that POS gameplan out after 21-0. IMO, it could've still been a game if they would have unleashed the passing game earlier. The defense was forcing three and outs, several in a row actually. Missed opportunities by the players and the coachiing.

Special Teams just couldn't seem to get out of thier own way. It was just a pitiful outing. I'm just hoping that they'll put this game behind them and show up Sunday.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well I was afraid of that happening. I had a bad feeling about the game but I was just hoping it was nerves. The writing was on the wall. Primetime game, Elite QB and a team who was hot...just not a good mix for the texans.

By no means did the refs cost the texans the game but it was real frustrating with giving them those calls early which helped them convert a few 3rd downs. Also, Kareem not recovering that fumble at the goalline was huge. Matt forcing the throw in the endzone was brutal, and guards on the oline were bad. Kubiak sure was limited without a second TE...seeing AJ lining up as a FB just reeked of desperation.

That being said, if there was a good loss this would be it. Texans pride should be hurt and a loss now should leave a bad taste in their mouth. They can still run the table and get homefield, I think.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

LOL @ talk of replacing QB/Coach in the middle of an 11-2 season.

9. BasketballReasons

Being fairly new to football (only 3 seasons under my belt), i've noticed how few trades there happen to be in this league between teams.

I've also noticed how few elite QB's there are around.

So I ask, outside of the draft, how does one get an Elite QB?

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ask the Broncos.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The team's problem right now is the defense. They are not generating a pass rush at all outside of JJ Watt, even when teams double him up. (lol Mario) The secondary has been fool's gold for two seasons. Teams that decide to throw against this team carve them up. They don't even have to be elite. Chad Henne carved them up.

The Patriots got helped by some penalty calls, but even setting aside all the penalties and the bad bounces of some fumbles, watching those two teams last night there was no question that one was playing light years ahead of the other. The Patriots could do whatever they wanted on offense.

One problem that troubles me is that the Texans offense panics in big games. As good as the Pats offense is or Green Bays offense was, the d on those teams isn't any special. Yet against those teams our offense collapsed. Schaub makes bad decisions, the receivers run bad routes, break them off early, etc.

13. BasketballReasons

Yeah I kept telling myself we should of have signed him. However, risk/reward wasn't that good. Coming off of best season yet and thinking "what are we capable of with Schaub"..

We can still go all the way, but the team won't be carried by Schaub. It'll be carried by the defense and Foster (if he decides to come out of that coma).

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, no kidding...the knee jerk on this site is :rolleyes:

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We couldn't afford to sign him anyway. His contract was enormous. People kept saying that he'd sign for a small contract to prove himself, but he ended up getting a monster salary cap deal from Denver.

16. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Meanwhile.. I have tickets for the Colts game, which were over 200 each. I am expecting a W.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

let's just disregard context. things like already having good QB and no money shouldn't play a role.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We may not have the playoff woes like the Falcons, but this game and the Packers game are getting us lumped into the "pretenders" label just like them.

This game reminded me of of the Biggio/Bagwell Astros teams against the Padres in the playoffs (forgot which year). They couldn't seem to handle the big stage and were swinging at balls in the dirt.

#1578 v3.0, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I am pretty sure those of us that mentioned it didnt mean THIS year numnutz..

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I imagine some Cowboys fans could tell us that Wade's defense is usually feast or famine. If he can't get pressure on blitzes, he's pretty much out of tricks. The quick hitting pass game is something that has given us fits for 2 years now, see the Saints, Packers, and now Patriots. Those guys just make Wade's blitzes pointless.

And I totally agree, the offense ****ting the bed is the BIGGEST issue with this team right now. Against terrible defenses, no less! If our offense can't score enough to at least apply some pressure to the opposing offense, we're not going to get the turnovers that have pretty much been our bread and butter when it comes to deciding the outcome of games.

Meanwhile, the Patriots and their awful defense are +24 in the turnover margin. Outstripping the Bears by 6, even. Freaking incredible.