1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I've said this all along. Elite defense or great QB. We have neither.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

even the mighty Packers were embarrassed on national TV.

3. ubigred

Well you said 4th qtr . Just wanted to clarify. ;)

4. ubigred

1. We are not the Packers.
    2. They beat an undefeated Texans team.
    3. Clay Matthews, Cedric Benson, Greg Jennings, and Charles Woodson all did not play.

5. TheresTheDagger

It wasn't that we lost in New England. It was the way we lost.

AJ and Schaub both talked pre-game about this being the biggest regular season game in Texan history. If thats so, WHERE IS THE FOCUS?

On the 2nd Pats TD, the Safety bit HARD on a run fake.
    On the 3rd Patriots TD, the defense wasn't set coming out of the huddle!!!
    We got 7 points from the league's 2nd best offense against a vulnerable Patriots defense.

42-7 vs. our starters in the biggest reg season game. Our 2nd blowout loss this season to elite QB's/teams. Three out of the last 4 games we underperformed.

I hope Kubiak has something up his sleeve next Sunday because if they lose that, they stand a REAL chance of actually losing the division.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The sad thing is...Patriot fans are more confident of our team than Houston fans are.

Seriously, go to their forum. They have a entire thread dedicated to the Texans and how they hope to not see us again unless they have Home Field...and also how they have beaten teams before in the regular season (and even handily so...) and lost against that same team when it really matters most.

7. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

I don't care what happens now. But I will say that if the Texans don't win the SB then I will not be buying tickets ever again until there is a coaching and QB change. I will stop following this team entirely until those two things are done successfully.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Yeah, im sure they're scared. Shaking in the boots. Most likely they were just trying to show some humility and not sound like doosh bag.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You people are ridiculous.

And also, making comparisons about Super Bowl winning quarterbacks is stupid. Let's face it, the quarterback I posted that compares very favorably to Schaub is two-time Super Bowl champion Eli Manning. Yes, that's two time. More than his brother, who is one of the greatest. Quarterback play can make you or break you, but the bigger emphasis is defense. All the quarterbacks that were listed that won the Super Bowl had playmaking defenses. In the Saints-Colts matchup, neither defense was statistically great, but the Saints were great at takeaways, and did so in that game (Terry Porter, anyone?).

If you don't think the Texans have an elite defense, and an above-average quarterback, then you're not a fan. This team easily has the ingredients to win the Super Bowl when they put it all together. A semi-meaningless game against one of the best, on their own turf is not indicative of what we're capable of, as frustrating as it may be.

Besides that, there may not be a way to measure "clutchness" or "eliteness" or anything like that. But there's also not a way to measure "but ifs". The fact of the matter is that those things are largely defined by winning in the playoffs - something that takes an entire team. Schaub is trying to build that legacy THIS YEAR.

And for those that say they'll boycott until we win a Super Bowl or make a change or whatever, that's fine. Bob McNair doesn't care. He's got a million other rabid, blind-faithed, die-hard fans to replace you. Besides that, the bandwagon was getting kind of full, anyways.

1 person likes this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

without their best weapon in teh Gronk too. jesus how disheartening.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It's alright. Sometimes you have to fall to learn how to pick yourself up again.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Putting on my brightside cap this morning.

1) This makes the next 3 games, which would've been dogs, into compelling matchups.

2) Texans needed a little humility after that letterman jacket crap

3) Sharpened senses leading up to the playoffs--where losing is fatal

Every champion has bad matchups, ask the 1994 Rockets. This team can still win it all, but I don't want to go back to New England to do it. Win the next 6 games. That's it.

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

And out of the ashes Houston shall rise.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

damn the press is ugly for the Texans this morning.

15. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'm wondering just how healthy Ben Tate really is. I'm curious why Kubiak didn't use him more last night. I don't like all of the work we're putting on Arian.

16. Raven

Raven Member

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is for those of you who have coached or presently coaching football at any level. Is Kubiak a good game time coach? In other words is he good at making adjustments during a game? From a fan's perspective, he often looks clueless. The play calling seems stupid even to some of us fans.

18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I still believe!!
    Texans will win the remaining games and the division.
    Do we need a new coach/qb? Maybe.. probably. They will figure it out.
    Meanwhile... this is not another losing season, so get happy!!

:)

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's not stupid. He's just....consistent. He will run the ball no matter what. Up 20 or down 40. He's stubborn as an Aggie mule and does not think outside the box. He has a formula and at times it hurts Schaub because the plays become predictable as clock work.

It's one think to force your plays on an inferior opponent. They probably don't have the talent to stop you but when they match up well like the Pats D-Line did yesterday it becomes a joke. The Hoodie played Kubes against himself.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you may not buy tickets but you'll still be watching, i'm sure. just like all the idiots who "quit" the Texans when they drafted JJ Watt. still here.