1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Packers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 29, 2016.

1. thesimp

thesimp Member

Rogers played better while facing a better defense. Brock wasn't good, he just wasn't as bad as his normal. Three dropped INTs. Rogers had zero. McCarthy doesn't have to dumb down his playbook. Once Brock steps onto the field, 2/3 of the playbook is irrelevant.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well this is the level of analysis I've come to expect from "Texans fans" so rock on with it I guess. No reason for me to waste time talking sense if it is going to fall on deaf ears.

3. thesimp

thesimp Member

Okay McNair. You blame a weak oline yet don't mention the Texans defensive advantage against Rogers. Texans defense has been better than Packers all season. Answer, how many dropped INTs did Rogers have vs Brock's 3? Just one of those equals a 12 point spread. We scored 13 points against the trash Chargers defense with good oline play, at home, with perfect weather. Brock isn't the only problem but he's the biggest one on the field.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah, that amazing Texans defense that gave up 2 TD's in the 4th quarter....yeah, whatever you do, don't blame that, instead blame the QB that had nearly an identical statline to Aaron Rodgers. Brilliant.

I really hope we get some intelligent analysis back in the Texans forum eventually, because right now it's fairly pathetic.

5. thesimp

thesimp Member

What's pathetic is your denial.

1) you talk stat lines and fail to mention the 3 dropped INTS after being asked about it TWICE. Are you Bob or Cal?

2) In this situation, Texans defense doesn't need to be great, it just needs to be greater than Green Bay's. Rogers faced a better defense and had better stats and played better.

Forget the Texans forum, McNair NEEDS better analysis. Then maybe this suckass franchise will finally do something.

6. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Last ranking I've seen the Texans OL was ranked 16th. Neither bad nor good just average much has like the Texans and their record

1. Houston Texans
    Problem: quarterback

The most difficult problem to overcome, of course, is having a replacement-level quarterback. Brock Osweiler's numbers were inflated by a garbage-time drive in the snow, and he didn't throw any interceptions, but he was playing a very beatable pass defense in Green Bay on Sunday and couldn't even average 6 yards per attempt.

Backup Tom Savage was unavailable in Green Bay while suffering from an infection in his elbow, but even if he's healthy, Savage isn't going to be a significant upgrade. Osweiler's the guy in Houston until 2018, and he's just not playing at a championship-caliber level. If you point to Osweiler's last team as a good example of a club that won the Super Bowl with ugly play at quarterback, remember that those Broncos had the league's best defense and great special teams and went three games while throwing just one interception.

You have to do just about everything else at an elite level to win with a quarterback that bad, and the Texans aren't a team of that caliber. They were 14th in defensive DVOA heading into Sunday's game against the Packers and 31st on special teams, and would need Osweiler to swear off interceptions like a New Year's resolution for four postseason games to win a Super Bowl. The Texans' chances of making it to the postseason are down to 47.3 percent, but even if they do make it, it's more likely they get knocked out at home in the first round by the second-place team in the AFC West than advance very far given what they're getting from the game's most important position.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...even-best-nfl-teams-year-obvious-weakness-nfl

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So I failed to mention something that in no way affected the game in any way whatsoever? OH MY GOD!!!!!HOW COULD I HAVE LEFT OUT SOMETHING SO IMPORTANT!!!!!

Seriously, just stop trying to talk about football if you don't know any more about it than you are letting on. Stick to the Texans' Facebook page and sports talk radio with that nonsense. We already have enough people polluting these boards with ignorant hot takes like that.

8. thesimp

thesimp Member

You sound as clueless as the owner. And that's exactly why the team is where it is. Nonstop coddling and no accountability.