1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. raining threes

This is a bad year to need to draft a WR. I just hope they dont reach for a WR at 1-12.

rfrocket, jch1911 and Nook like this.
  2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I would not be surprised to find out Demeco was unable to get him (Cook) to buy into the program and didn't want anyone who might disrupt the locker room. He seems to be able to attract Free Agents who want to be here.

rfrocket and raining threes like this.
  3. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Good call

4. Jayded

Jayded Member

Agreed. But we need offensive firepower and in a down year for WR, in my opinion, he’d have been an interesting weapon to consider near 12. Would be fun to slide down a bit and have gotten him and then used one of the slide down picks to go WR.

I feel like today’s move all but assure us that 12 is a defender. I hope they read the board and can slide down some and still get the player they targeted if so.

5. raining threes

I really like your list, if Nick could draft these guys I would consider this draft to be a success.

I hope you're right, wouldn't it be great for Pierce to run behind an OL and TE's like this

Schultz/Tunsil/Green/Schmitz/Mason/Howard/Washington

With Deiter/Heck/Late rd draft pick/Quitoriano as reserves. That's a solid foundation for this team to build upon. Add a WR like Mingo or Wilson and that should give Young the foundation he needs to be successful.

Shark44 likes this.
  6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

7. Rockets34Legend

8. Rockets34Legend

rfrocket, Rudyc281, Shark44 and 2 others like this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

rfrocket, raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. raining threes

How would you have felt about the last draft had Stingley/Green not gotten hurt and played up to their talent levels?

I'm not happy about the return on the Cooks trade Caserio overplayed his hand. So dont think I'm a Caserio fanboy. In fact I'm far from it.

Instead of drafting a WR high, how about drafting a TE to pair with Schultz and the best Center in the draft and run alot of 12 personnel or 2 TE's and 2 RB sets. Use Beck and Hairston along with Pierce and 2 TE's. Develop an identity and take some of the load off of Young. This isn't saying I dont want them to draft a WR around 3-73 or 4-103 to go with Collins/Metchie/Brown/Rodgers. Mingo/Wilson/Iosivas would be a good pick at about those spots.

11. raining threes

Come on down Nolan Smith.

red5rocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

SWARM

raining threes likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bears GM says he thought there was a chance he could trade with Texans at 2 and then flip 2 to the Panthers, but didn't want to get greedy and miss Panthers deal while he waited on Texans.

14. Landry's Tooth

I think a vet on a one year deal is perfect. We don't have to reach because the immediate need has been addressed but not to the point it stops you from best player available.

15. Landry's Tooth

I had same thought about picking Bijan... run it down their throats and make play action and rpo deadly...

Still would not rule out Bijan, but clearly Singletary makes it less of a need...

Have 3 starting caliber backs that can all be kept fresh is something no one has tried... like the luxury of having 3 dominant setup men... maybe rotate a new guy to RB3 to give them a break every 3 games.

16. Landry's Tooth

Let's say hypothetically they focus offense first 3 rounds... pure fantasy I know...

QB1 Bryce Young
    RB: B Robinson / Pierce / Singletary
    WR: Woods / Collins / M Wilson / Metchie / Brown
    OL: Tunsil / Green / Wypler / Mason / Howard
    TE: Schultz / Musgrave / Jordan

That's 5 picks in first 3 rounds.

That offense would score a ton if the running game dominates as it looks on paper... lots of guys in the box and a lot of corners on islands...

Then next year we lay on thick the defense...

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The problem with Bijan is the shelf life of a running back. If the Texans were ready to contend you could see it, but they have so many foundational pieces they need to add to this roster. All of the free agents they have added have basically been 1 year type deals. You need to be replacing those guys with drafted players. It's hard to spend a top pick on a RB when you are solid there already.

Genesis likes this.
  18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Singletary 8 fumbles last 2 years?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. raining threes

^^^^
    This

Except give me the best edge or LB at 1-12.

20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Sorry double post.
    I'm on my phone.

#1420 rfrocket, Mar 21, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2023