1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. conquistador#11

It's wild to me how Rodgers slowly became Brett Favruh. From getting bullied by Brett to being a jerk to Love and now talking to the Jets. Vikings 2024? Stealing welfare money in 2037?

vince, cbass, Damion Laverne and 5 others like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’ve been saying all along draft Bryce and let him sit behind Jimmy G not that Bryce isn’t ready…it just gives us a opportunity to continue to build the team up for when Bryce does take over he is really setup to really succeed.

vince, rusHour and whag00 like this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he retired

raining threes and Zen Tabak like this.
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Seems very Casserio like to sign Jimmy G and trade down from 2 to 4 and take whichever QB remains. If Colts would give you their 2024 1st I’d like that a lot.

vince, texans1095, whag00 and 3 others like this.
  6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

vince likes this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lamar Jackson just got non-exclusive tagged.

Prediction: No team will be willing to pay 2 FRP and all the guaranteed money he wants. Jackson will sit out this season.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like the move. Why trade down to get a worse QB prospect, even if you are gaining another draft pick? If Bryce Young is #1 on your board at the most IMPORTANT position on the field....why gamble?

Sad to say but I just dont trust Casserio with picks! I would've picked Sauce Garner over Stingley and I would've picked Jordan Davis over Kenyon Green. If our two picks from last yr do not pan out, it could be detrimental moving forward.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am glad the Ravens didnt give into his demands of signing a guaranteed contract like sicko watson.......the guy is good, no doubt but that contract was horrible. Plus, Jackson seems injury prone, but there are times he will ball out, just not in the playoffs, he has a passer rating of 68.3 with 900 yards, 3 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 4 games in the playoffs in his career

raining threes likes this.
  10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I am with you on Sauce, but Zion over Jordan Davis for me...
    That being said, are you sure Bryce is #1? Plus with Jimmy as your 1A, there is room for a young, uber-talented QB to sit and learn
    Once again, look at what KC & SF did

11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Also if pick 4 = Stroud or Richardson + future FRP, I am good with that

12. Jayded

Jayded Member

Part of me thinks it’d be fun to get Lamar as he’s immediately the best QB in the division and curious how the 1st would work - 12 this year? If you have Lamar it’s likely your 1st next year is a lot lower too.

You do it if you believe he remains MVP level. Imagine Carter/Anderson + Lamar at a net loss of a future 1st when we have two next year. His comp is the most concerning part but who knows what he’d say if we don’t throw our hat in there.

The other thing to consider is you either pay a QB $40-50M a year now, keep drafting rookie QBs to keep them on first deals, or pay even more once Burrow, Herbert, and Hurts keep pushing the next deal higher and higher.

13. Qan

Qan Member

#2 this year and 2024 1st...or wait till after draft 1st of 2024 and 2025. #12 this year was not originally the Texans, so it will not be the one that's lost.

The new trend will be to keep drafting new QBs.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If it’s sign and trade then you can make it the 2 Cleveland Picks. I wouldn’t do it for cap reasons alone. I think you could get a ransom for the no. 2 pick from Carolina and sign a cheaper FA QB like Garapolo if you must. I’d prefer to just go hog wild with draft picks and FA signings at other positions. You could also ride with Mills for a year. I could see the Texans end up with 4 1st rounders next year, replenish their roster with FA’s and high picks in round 2-6. That would give you mulitple picks to trade up for one of the best qb’s next year. With Mills at the helm you might have another top 5 pick

Phillyrocket and raining threes like this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The Lamar thing just makes too much sense to me. It gives us all the power back after winning the last game and missing on number 1. Let's say Carolina trades up for Bryce at 1. We should trade down to 4 or another qb needy team and pick up future firsts. Then sign Lamar after the draft. Use the picks this year to get BPA. Maybe Will Anderson and JSN. Give up our future firsts but we gained picks in the draft so it's basically like getting Lamar as a free agent.

MadMax likes this.
  16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

19. raining threes

These will be Ryans/Caserio working together to make these picks Ryans will get the final call. Same as it was with Lovie.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member