1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’ll take jimmy G maybe sit Bryce for a year while we still build up the roster.

Plus jimmy is known to miss some time

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why not just roll with Davis Mills then?

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

My god no…did you not watch him play last year???

And with all the hype and excitement with the demeco hire no way we should roll mills back out there…

We want to be somewhat competitive next year

Fulgore likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, I understand how bad he is, I was just confused with your last sentence of "Plus jimmy is known to miss some time" then

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Good QB analogy. I can live with either or

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Meaning if we sign jimmy and still draft Bryce…Bryce could sit behind jimmy and if/when jimmy gets hurt bryce could step in

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No. Texans are not paying Jimmy G $25-$30 million a year. They will draft a QB. If that QB isnt ready, they will probably play Mills.

cbass and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This is such backwards thinking to me. And honestly why I wish the Texans had kept Lovie. I love the demeco hire, but I think it's 1 year too early. We realistically need to tank 1 more season. There is no qb in this draft that will change our franchise's future. Get two quality defensive players in first round this year and draft our qb of the future next year is the best past forward. But hiring demeco means we won't wait and will try to accelerate our rebuild. With either a veteran qb like Jimmy G or carr or wasting the number 2 pick on a guy who won't be worth it. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

CVcrew and raining threes like this.
  10. raining threes

Depends on what you think the Texans record will be next yr.

I see them picking 10th at worst and they should be able to trade up and get one of the top three QB's.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. raining threes

Disagree

Maye is better than both Stroud, McCarthy. IMHO

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. raining threes

Time will tell.

No QB in this draft has elite tools. Except maybe Levis and I hope Ryans doesn't pick Levis either.

13. raining threes

You didn't answer my question, which QB is close to Hurts skill wise?

14. cbass

cbass Member

1. If we had waited a year to hire DeMeco, we wouldn’t have been able to hire him. He would’ve been HC of the Denver Broncos. So I, for one, am exceedingly glad that we didn’t hang on to Lovie for another year over fears of hiring DeMeco “too early”.

2. Your opinion of the QBs in this class is different than that of many people, both professional draft observers and not. You may well be correct, but only time will tell that.

3. The hiring of DeMeco might accelerate our rebuild, but that’s not necessarily the case. He was given a 6-year deal, and has enough goodwill with the fanbase to where he should get a pretty long runway with which to implement his vision.

15. raining threes

1. Agreed
    2. This isn't the year to be drafting a QB at 1-2. Disagree with the draft pundits.
    3. Ryans will make rookie mistakes (They all do) I'm happy with the hire and hopefully Ryans will make Kirby a more attractive place for FA's to call home.

Rudyc281 and CVcrew like this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Did you see what DeMeco did with Mr Irrelevant Brock Purdy?

17. body slam

body slam Member

I would not mind the Texans taking a shot at Minshew or Mike White at QB. That is only if they do draft a rookie QB. They'll need someone good enough to get by that is not going to break the bank and hope for the best. I was on team Mills to start last season but its time to move him down the QB chart to #3. Allen and Driskel need to go.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Thought both lovie and culley got 6 year deals so that doesn't mean much.

19. cbass

cbass Member

They didn’t. Near as I can tell, they both got 5-year deals.

Regardless, the hiring of DeMeco is self-evidently different. He isn’t some retread or some position coach nobody considered as a HC coming into a situation where the star QB is forcing his way out.

He was, by all accounts, the top candidate on the market and is beloved by the fanbase. He’s gonna be here for a while and he’ll get to pick the QB he wants to attach himself to, whether in the draft this year, in free agency, or in the draft next year.