1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If Chicago stays at number 1 and picks defense. What would it take for the Texans to trade 2 to Indy for 4 and ?

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

A lot.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I figured that. Define a lot. I would do it for 4, next year’s 1st. Is that a lot?

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

To me, it would take more than that. 4, next years and probably a 2&3

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’d for sure do it, if we are picking QB. We would be out on Carter and Anderson. I don’t think any of them are worth the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, but one of Bryce, Stroud, or Levis would be there. If we do pick QB with our first pick, who is 12? If we go qb, I would guess OL but I hear this is a down year for OL and WR.

My personal preference is to just stay at 2 and get Anderson or Carter and sign a journeyman QB. Building from the trenches out in the draft seems to be the best way to re-build. Of course, we have to re-sign Tunsil in this scenario.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

So what is the assumption here? Indy has a specific QB they want at #2 and the Texans would be fine with whatever QB is leftover? Given that Indy is a pretty smart organization and the Texans are ... not ... this seems like it would backfire horrifically and the Colts would get Peyton Manning and the Texans would get Ryan Leaf.

BigShasta and whag00 like this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Maybe you trade down to 4 and pick up Indy’s 2024 first. Then trade down again to whoever has a hard on for Carter, Anderson, Levis, Stroud, etc that is still there and pickup another 2024 first.

Now with 4 FRP in 2024 you should have the ammo to move up to get Maye or Williams or whoever.

Bulletproof plan as we’ve been told this crop of QBs are terrible but next year is guaranteed to be glorious!!

Buck Turgidson and Major like this.
  8. awc713

awc713 Member

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If those are his 3 options he should pick Jets with no hesitation.

11. Major

Major Member

Jets, Colts, Titans all seem like ready-to-win type places. Jets definitely seems like the best situation across the board.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Let me get this straight, you want to avoid a QB at 1.2 and build the rest of the team with all those picks, but then you also want to use 3 1sts to move up to get a qb next year?

bryce young + all our 3 other first round picks in the next 2 years to build the team.

or

caleb Williams + picks starting in the 2nd round.

do y’all read what you’re writing or just pushing your own narratives madden-style?

13. Buck Turgidson

Yes, our punter has been the team MVP all season.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Trade down a bit from 12 and draft Bijon if you want to play that game.

Fulgore likes this.
  15. raining threes

I want to add 2 of the fastest playmakers to the team.

That's Hyatt and Achane. if you do as you suggest you wont be able to get either of the guys I like. Although Robinson is a great back. Tell me Hyatt falls to 2-32 and I'm on board with picking Robinson at 1-12 without the trade down. This is very unlikely to happen.

#215 raining threes, Jan 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  16. raining threes

This depends on how you feel about Young as a championship level NFL QB. A QB his size (he's smaller than Wilson) has ever won a championship, but Young is one of a kind? SMH.

Do you realize how silly this sounds?

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think BY and 3 firsts over 2023-2024 is less risky, less silly, and an overall better option than Williams/Maye and 4 2nds over the same time period.

I also think Williams/ Maye have the same chance to bust as BY being too small if not more so.

18. raining threes

This is where we will have to agree to disagree.

One QB in NFL history Young's size has ever won a championship and this MB wants to draft him at 1-2. Lmao

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Eagles went from sb champion in 2018, had to find a franchise qb/coach in 2020 and is about to contend for another superbowl. Meanwhile the Texans are still figuring out how to hire a coach

Fulgore likes this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes, if Indy has their sites on one particular QB and we intend to pick a QB then trading the pick is what I would do, since I think Stroud and Bryce are pretty much the same and at least one of them will be there at 4. What won't be there is Anderson or Carter which I would prefer. I'd keep the 1-2 pick and get one of Anderson or Carter and see if Levi somehow magically dropped to 12. If not trade down again for multiple picks if the compensation is good enough. Build the trenches for the most part from the draft, sign a journeyman QB for 1-2 years like Carr or Garrapolo and spend the rest of the cap on youngish FA's in areas of need like WR, TE, OL