1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Need a OC.

Romeo Needs to be shown the door.

Resign Kjax, clowny, Peters, carter, Fairbarun, covington, webster, and TM.

Clowny should get something in the $14mil per... nothing more imo
    Kjax should get something around $9 mil per year
    TM should get something around $8 mil per year

Clowny also is a FT candidate/Kjax also.

BOB needs to GTFO, but they aint eating that contract.

Oline and DB have to be areas of major concern. We have major holes in that area.

Running back also... Miller, DT, and the rest of the free agents need to be cut ASAP.

Bell? Hunt?

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We're gonna need both to get this thing fixed now and for the long term. Rookies won't fix all of their problems but they can absolutely provide some immediate help, much more now than they used to IMO. 7 rookies from this past 1st round alone will start playoff games, that's not including guys like Braden Smith, Justin Reid, and later round guys which I'm too lazy to look up. Unfortunately it seems that we've been missing on our "experienced" guys at a much higher rate than draft picks, and that's saying quite a bit.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. conquistador#11

I don't buy into schedules being fact as Brian T smith claims. We faced 4(6 if you count the colts 3x) out of the 8 remaining teams this season..Cowboys, colts, Eagles and Patriots this year. What's 1 more in the saints. Eli plaid like Brees when he faced us.

No doubt the Texans have to make moves but sky is not falling with a "schedule"

Hey Now! likes this.
  5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That's not his point. While the Texans managed to go 11-5, they benefitted from a schedule based on last year's 4-12 record. Their 2019 schedule will be much tougher and seeing how they will have the same dimwits in place running things, I am not at all optimistic that this organiztion is even capable of taking the steps necessary to correct the issues we've been dealing with for some time now. So far, all I've heard is the same old BS excuses from Buttchin over and over so why should I or anyone else for that matter think that anything is going to change?

ghettocheeze, Nook and BigShasta like this.
  6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't figure out the hamstring issue!!

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Their record only has a bearing on two games; the rest were set in 2002. They're swapping Denver & Cleveland this tear for New England and Baltimore next year.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We need better TE play. Where's our Kelce, Ebron, Ertz, Kittle?

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We just need a scheme that uses the TE's we have and a QB that can see them open and get them the ball more often. TE is arguably our second best position behind safety.

11. Fantasma Negro

He wants 45 mil guaranteed, so I'd sign him to a 3 yr 45 mil fully guaranteed contract. 15 mil in Texas = 10 mil in Pennsylvania. That wouldn't hurt the Texans at all.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. ReturnOfTheMac

Texans need to draft strictly O line , and go after a Patrick Peterson or a Ramsey. I would love to see bell on the Texans or a high caliber RB in general. Playing calling needs to get better, go get Kliff as OC .

eric.81 likes this.
  13. Texanstradamus

My main concern is wasting watson rookie deal with O’Brien I almost wish we had been bad this year so O’Brien could have been fired cause this is turning into a chuck Pagano situation

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

We need an OL strong enough to allow us to use the TE as a receiver instead of an extra lineman. They have to block to make up for the OL inability to protect.

Nook and Red.Glare like this.
  16. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

We need an OL strong enough to allow us to use the TE as a receiver instead of an extra lineman. They have to block to make up for the OL inability to protect.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a legitimate point, the OT's struggled quite a bit this year, but that's not the complete picture because when they attempted to get the TE's involved it was successful most of the time, just something they seemingly forgot about for most of the season either due to Watson not looking at his TE's or BOB forgetting that was an option and not calling plays for them.

18. CallMeTheDream

Hell I’d do anything for a Goedert or Hunter Henry. I’m really hoping Jordan Thomas can break out next year and become that 50 catch a season X factor moving forward.

19. Buck Turgidson

Does this guy get paid money to say the same things on the internet that we've been saying on the internet for 6 months?

Nook and J.R. like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

There is a borderline rookie pro-bowl OL drafted outside of the top-15 picks every year. You draft the best guy on your board, but you do take need into consideration.

conquistador#11 likes this.