1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official?]Texans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

speaking of the next seven super bowl champions, how's all that cap space paying off for the tennessee titans? man, they signed.... uhm.... well, there was.... some guy, i'm sure.

i thought EVERYONE wanted to go play with the incomparably intangibly-awesome vince young....? no, seriously, there was an article about it and everything.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There's going to be a massive holdout by all the Pro-Bowlers come July. Duh.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the way they treated McNair last offseason had something to do with it. Of course, I'd hang out with Jesus even if some of his friends mistreated people, so that can't be it.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's March. ;)

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ah, I get it. They're timing their big free agent push to coincide with Easter. Get it, because I call VY Jesus. Get it? :D

5. MadMax

nah...that's just the response you gave me about the Texans!

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I know. But you were complaining about one position...have the Titans even signed anyone? I mean, all that cap space coupled with Jesus was why they're light years ahead of the Texans, right?

7. Buck Turgidson

Yep, and add to that the very likely possibility that their best defensive & special teams player is not long for the NFL...

8. MadMax

you mean i was complaining about the QB position?

i have no idea how the Titans will do in free agency. i do know they have a lot of space available. i don't know who they've even made a run at.

by the way..it's been quite some time since i've referenced VY in a Texans thread.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You were complaining about the WR position.

I was talking about everyone saying the Titans had such a brighter future than the Texans, even though they needed OT to avoid having the same record as the same team that a lot of people here believe won't ever win anything. When the close records were brought up, the Titans' space available was always brought up as why they had such a better future than the Texans.

I don't buy it and I was just making fun of that since they haven't signed anyone (that I know of), lost their best WR and they'll be starting a RB with 250 career rushing yards.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Who dat?

11. updawg

updawg Member

who knows why they aren't more aggressive in the FA market. Maybe a new GM? Don't know and don't really care.

Are you honestly saying that you would not rather have the Titans cap situation vs. our cap situation?

12. msn

msn Member

Conman Jones, no?

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

pacman.

what good is their cap situation doing them? i believe they had more than any other team and now most of the premiere FAs are off the market. it's why cap room is only good if you have the capacity to take advantage of it.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If you are just talking about this year's cap situation and no other factors, then yes, I'd prefer more money to less. But next year, the Texans will have a ridiculous amount of money to spend on free agents...so the future is actually bright in Houston, once Casserly's mistakes are removed.

But if you are talking about the Titans and Texans as a whole, I dont see how the Titans are that much ahead of the Texans, if any. I actually like the Texans chances better, but that can be argued.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Exactly. This is why I can't understand how anyone (who isn't trolling) could think the Green signing is a bad move.

16. MadMax

i certainly felt like if i were buying stock at the end of the season, the titans were a better bet than the texans. i think most people would have said that. but as i said, i have no idea what kind of offseason the titans will have. i just know they have more flexibility than us.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Probably, but I just never felt it was as big a difference as many seem to think around here. Statements like "the Texans will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" or "The Texans will have a top 10 pick the next 10 years" are just r****ded. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

And I know you never said those things because I've met you. You're not r****ded. :)

18. MadMax

debateable.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I wish you were a girl. Because I'd say "those t*tties aren't r****ded".

Sorry, but it's my favorite Dave Attel line, one I use on my wife all the time.

What is my problem today?

20. MadMax

yeah, i'm glad you refrained from commenting about my breasts. :D