1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official?]Texans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Jan 20, 2007.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I wanted Clements bad, but $80M is ridiculous.

2. francisfan4l1f3

looks like plummer and garcia are going to the bucs? go to espn

3. updawg

updawg Member

great, another season of Carr is starting to get more and more likely. Please make a move Texans.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The local paper in Denver is saying that Plummer is seriously considering retirement. Read it in the paper, don't feel like looking up a link, but the story I read was in the Rocky Mountain News/Denver Post.

5. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

What happened was the Bucs signed Garcia and acquired the rights for Plummer. So if Jake changes his mind, TB now holds the strings. So unless something really whacked happens, Plummer will not be coming to Houston.

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I understand that. From the current look of things though he was ready to retire at the end of the season regardless.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5392480,00.html

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

And Ashley Lelie has apparently signed with the Niners, per John Clayton on ESPN Radio. Next WR target?

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

well that answers that.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Travis Henry was cut by the Titans. He had a very nice season once he was made the starter. They didn't have a good line, either. I'm sure the threat of VY helped open things up some. However, if it were a choice between Ahman Green and Henry, I'd take Green.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I really thought he's be good. Just couldn't put it together. Couldn't cover in the 3-4 and he was hurt a lot last season. When he did get a chance to do nothing but get after the qb, he would do well...when he wasn't offsides.

12. KMC1499

KMC1499 Member

<h1><center> :mad: :mad: ARE THE TEXANS GOING TO SIGN ANY QUALITY FREE AGENTS? :mad: :mad: </center></h1>

13. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

The people who have already signed have gone for huge amounts, something the Texans can't afford to pay.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think they should just go ahead and sign travis henry, he was just released

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Ahmad Green was "announced" at the Rockets game tonight. He was next to Demyco Ryans in a luxuary suit. I would think chances of him signing are quite possible :D

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If you were a quality free agent, why would you even pick up the phone with a franchise that's floundering and shows little signs of turning things around?

Besides, short money in the pocket + multiple holes to fill = lowball the leftovers.

Evan

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Detroit is a great example of a team floundering...the Texans at this stage are not.

18. updawg

updawg Member

unfortunately, they are definitely in the early stages.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So are a lot of teams in the NFL. We were one OT away from having the same record as a team everyone wants to annoint the next dynasty. Add a better QB, a more consistent running game to an improving defense and there's no reason to believe that the Texans won't, at the very least, be very competitive next season.

20. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

If Asserly and Crappers were STILL here, I would say we would become the New Old St Louis Crapholes football franchise of the future. You know the one in STL they all forgot about and eventually left to go to AZ. They had exactly 3 playoff years in how many as a franchise .... 30+?

Until further notice, no one beats the consistent futility that is the Detroit Lions franchise as a whole, where else can less be done with more. :D

Even Barry could not inspire this team to the Super Bowl. Does THAT tell you something?