1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 3, 2011.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This guy is trying to mess with our minds. No way we could pull off Nnamdi.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yup. I could go tweet right now that I have inside sources claiming Asomugha picked Dallas, and I'd have a 50% chance of being "right" and beating the mainstream media. Doesn't mean I actually have those sources.

That's the biggest downside to Twitter... it's much easier for attention whores (bob) to find the audience they crave.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just seems weird that he's the only source that's really reporting anything. Am I right?

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Which leads me to believe that he has no idea what he's talking about. I'm pretty sure camera crews are in Houston because we called a press conference. I simply don't see how there is enough cap space for any more big name FAs.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Greco's desperate for attention... his Twitter was probably flooded with messages from Texans fans yesterday interested in the Nnamdi situation & his followers probabaly shot up as a result, so he's just milking this thing in an attempt to grow his own name.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I hope he dies.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

As do I.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

if your standard is 100%, good luck finding anyone reliable.

9. The Cat

There's definitely a chance of that. But he was the first to report the seeming wave of Texan interest yesterday, so I'm hoping against hope that he's legit.

At this point, I'm just hoping Asomugha signs with Dallas so that he's out of the AFC.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

CBSSportsNFL Eye on Football
    RT @MikeGarafolo: That report about Giants being in the hunt for Vonta Leach - don't buy it. As I said earlier, little interest being shown.

11. The Cat

If you're referring to me, my standard isn't 100%. Everyone makes mistakes and has sources lead them astray from time to time. But if you whiff horribly, while presenting as fact, on basically every major sports decision in a year (Cliff Lee trade, LeBron signing, Cliff Lee free agency, Braylon Edwards being released, etc., etc.), it's pretty clear that you're just throwing random stuff out there.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No he was talking to me. He's right..sometimes she has a headache.

13. The Cat

Well done, sir. :)

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

kinda like adam schefter saying even though vjax says he's not demanding $10 milion or no tag, vjax was still demaning either $10 million or no tag, only to "break news" two days later that vjax has dropped his demands?

finding responsible and good sports journalists these days is like trying to find a white obama voter in jasper. good luck with that.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I get the feeling that Vonta will be back at a fair price (maybe $2 mil a year?). I just don't see anyone paying much more than that for a one dimensional player, as good as he is. And I don't think the Texans will pay him more since he's not an every down player.

16. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

If we really have 9 to 12 mil left. I would rather lock up Leach, bring in a lower tier corner like Rodgers, Carr or Grimes. Also add Nick
    Barnett. If Demeco isn't healthy he is nice insurance, also if Mario or Barwin doesn't fit the bill we can move Brian outside and slide him in at ilb.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

RT @imadrummer2k:
    yesterday was thursday thursday. tomorrow is saturday saturday. we so excited. we so excited.

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I like Vonta, and I wish him well, but I wanna see Casey play the hybrid FB position.

19. The Cat

Agreed. The biggest issue with sports journalists these days, to me, is that they're so damn gullible. If a source they like tells them something (see McClain and Texans cap idiocy), they seem to believe it without ever considering the context or even thinking it through. Everything to do with the NFL lockout - as it played out in the media, at least - had to do with leverage, and I'm sure someone pushing an agenda insisted on that to Schefter. And guys like Schefter want to make their sources feel important, so they run with the info. There's way too much of a cozy relationship these days between the higher-ups and major journalists for them to properly do their jobs, in many cases.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

looking at ESPN.com there is not even a mention of the Texans signings on their front page or their own NFL home page. Come on, we sign the second best corner out there plus a good safety which dramatically improves our secondary and they don't even care.

Yet they are still talking about Reggie Bush and how it "impacts the Saints" now that he's gone. They have been riding his jock ever since he got drafted.

They still talk about the Pats getting Haynesworth and Ochocinco even though those two haven't been anything in 2 years.

I doubt if you weren't from Houston and were just a casual NFL fan, you wouldn't even know Joseph and Manning signed with the Texans.