1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I’m sure someone will emerge as the next Zach Wilson or Joe Burrow.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Derek stingley next year or bust

3. Fantasma Negro

4. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

It’s been a crazy offseason with the Deshaun stuff and whatnot.

I know it’s just training camp… but apparently Nico Collins and the 7th Round! Pick Roy Lopez are turning heads in Texans camp. Also heard some good things about Brevin Jordan. Hopefully these guys camps translate to actual games. Lopez has been getting reps with 1st team defense.

It would be an amazing hit on a 7th round pick to contribute immediately. Encouraging despite all the Deshaun Bull ****….

UTSA2step, Uprising, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, he was stealing money here in Houston. Wish he produced more like Wade Smith!

6. conquistador#11

7. HTXSportsAddict

The Jaguars are going to win a Super Bowl before we ever even get to a conference title game, aren't they???

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

Our other boy, Zach Wilson went 11/25 for 2 ints in his scrimmage.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Cant wait till week 1

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

The tent where practice press conferences are held and the mega-tent, aka “the bubble,” where the team holds indoor practices does not mean the Texans have a permit to operate a circus in town.

Side note: It costs less than $150 to get a City of Houston permit to operate a carnival. When you consider the millions Houston has paid for the “privilege” of having the Texans represent the city in the NFL, one wonders how much more joy would have been spread if Bob McNair’s dream was to bring dancing elephants to our fair city as opposed to a fumbling football team.

If this is where you expect me to insert a Bill O’Brien clown joke, well, I’m not about to insult the hard-working members of the World Clown Association by elevating O’Brien to their status. The WCA is committed to bringing “happiness, joy, fun and comic relief to children of all ages.”

[…]

Meanwhile, we hear more about the guy who isn’t playing than we do about those who are. It’s a circus without a permit.

Thanks again, Texans.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/jerome-solomon/article/Time-for-Texans-to-end-Deshaun-Watson-circus-16377127.php

12. conquistador#11

Ironically this is the type of team D'ohBrien could lead to an 8-8 record by uglying up the game with his 'nascar offense'

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yea, I think if I was in charge of the Texans I would try to hide the team too... but, you would think they would want to encourage interest in the team...

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is stupid.
    Texans and their players are tired of answering questions about Watson and the distraction he’s brought. That’s all media types want to know about, like gossiping little high school girls.
    I don’t blame them for not wanting to discuss is and trying to get out of it.

Now, they should have known it wouldn’t fly and the rules.

But the media needs to get off their high horse, they are close to an outdated medium.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Blaming the media is a complete cop-out. The Texans could have shut this down from the very start if they wanted or were smart enough to. If there are no intentions (from either side) of playing this season, there was no reason for him to be on the practice field. Trotting him on and off the field, taking scout team reps, listing him 4th on the depth chart, and now trying to skirt around media questioning, etc...has been a complete and utter circus.

Also Culley answering questions with..."Nothing has changed" to "taking things day by day," "no he won't play" in first preseason game, and then "no comment" when asked if he'll play any preseason game. All of this is just inviting more and more questions.

Uprising likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not a cop out at all. The media is blasting the Texans for something Watson created, period.
    Texans didn’t tell him to sexually assault 22+ women and make himself a distraction.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not the point at all. If they didn't want to answer questions about DW4, they shouldn't have put him on the field and just say we're not answering any questions on him. Answering questions with "day to day" literally means something could change tomorrow hence the same questions being asked over and over. The Texans are not handling this well. Trying to find a loophole to get out of it is proof that they know this.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Respectfully, the media is blasting the Texans for their handling of the Watson situation (which has been an abject failure), in addition to the sh*tshow they've put on for the last few years. The BOB takeover, the Hopkins and Tunsil trades, "Inmates running the prison", JJ Watt given away for nothing when there was at least one team that thought he was worth $23 million guaranteed... I could go on.

No, the Texans shouldn't be blamed for Watson's behavior. They can, however, be blamed for all the other BS they've done, including their handling of the Watson situation. They absolutely deserve all the ridicule that the sports world/sports media can muster.

It sucks. I'm a fan and have rooted hard for them since their birth but they brought this scorn on themselves. Now, I'm just... apoplectic. My favorite team this season will likely be my Fantasy Team. Sigh...

20. Buck Turgidson

You misspelled "apathetic".

eric.81 likes this.