1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Fantasma Negro

Yeah but BBVA can hold friendies against international competition and if MLS ever takes off they may renovate and add more seating in bbva and possibly host big games in the future

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Roster wise, there is simply no draw for fans other than it being football. Most interested in seeing Culley. The front office will have zero excuse if the dude is a complete dud.

HTXSportsAddict and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This franchise is an absolute disaster. The only time in my life where I wouldn't mind if one of the proffesional Houston sports franchises was sold and moved to another city. The Texans are the first. Congrats.

Proffesional football needs a hard reset in Houston with a new franchise that has absolutely nothing to do with the McNairs.

TheRealist137, clos4life and rhino17 like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Michael Scott ftw

5. HTXSportsAddict

They're a total disaster along with being utterly bland and boring. I'd rather wait out the McNairs than have another team leave us though.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch a single game last year and Sundays were so much more fulfilling. I don't think my personal relationships could survive if I insisted on carving out 3-4 hours per weekend for this trash fire.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

8. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

N’keal wants out. If it costs a late round pick I say we do it…maybe they’ll take cobb back? They want to compete sooner than we do

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

And old. Don’t forget being old!

They may well be the least interesting team in the history of the NFL. There’s nothing more barf inducing than a bad team full of old broken down players.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  10. ballgame

ballgame Member

Old! Boring! Bland!

And just think we thought we were going to the Super Bowl 2yrs ago....Then Cal McNair happened!

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

Bob McNair was professional and a good owner, he was just out of touch on social issues.

The son, Cal McNair, is DUMB! There is no other way of sugarcoating it. I work in Real Estate and see kids squander their parent's fortunes all the time but Cal is taking it to a whole different level.

At the end of the day, I feel bad for him....he's dumb and doesn't know any better

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

safe to assume that tickets will be dirt cheap this year?

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Maybe on the secondary market as season ticket holders try to recover as much as possible. I think we'll have our first non-televised home game this season (if they're still doing that).

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think the NFL has done away with the blackout rule. I know MANY PSL holders who are taking a loss on their "investment" and not renewing. Just giving up due to the incompetence related with this team. I dont blame them.

Looks like tailgating and watching a D2 product in an NFL stadium might even be cheaper than an Astro game this year. I may even go tailgate a few times and leave before the game.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, they can’t take the joy out of tailgating….at least I hope not

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

For the record I hate how jaded and disinterested this football team has made me feel towards them. Football was my first passion and this stings.

Uprising, Blatz and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, it sucks. And right now it just doesn’t seem like there’s an end in sight.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This.

Reminds me of the season we entered with Mallett, Hoyer and Fitzpatrick competing for the starting position. Talk about being disinterested.....

#1618 Uprising, Jul 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    Verbal Christ likes this.
  19. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I’m the polar opposite of y’all…as the season approaches I keep thinking maybe we won’t be as bad as everyone says! Maybe Davis will be a good pick (if we even find out). Nico is going to be a baller. And some of our signings hit

it’s hard being a fan and getting your hopes up when deep down you know we will be terrible

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

It's called that Texans Offseason itch.....once the regular season hits, losses pile up, and bring you down to Earth - that'll be your anti-itch relief.

Been through it since 2002. :)

Jwise44 likes this.