1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

This is childish and he should be called out for it if it's true. He doesn't have to want to stay here but he still needs to communicate with his employers.

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

They should have thought of that when they were suppose to have him be part of the GM and coaching discussions. Communication is a two way road.

Nook likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

It may be but it is also a lame excuse. If the Texans are focused and are prioritizing making this work, they will get to Deshaun Watson. Use different phone numbers, show up at his events, use intermediate parties.

4. raining threes

They should have thought of that before they paid him.

He gave input and they decided to go a different direction. This is nothing more than a childish tantrum. I bet this is the first time in Watson's life he didn't get what he wanted.

5. raining threes

They will see him in camp or by the start of the season. I wouldn't chase him down. I would fine him as soon as I could.

6. Nook

Nook Member

This kid is from Wisconsin and an evangelical Christian.

7. Nook

Nook Member

What exactly would you like Allie do? The Texans are a stew of incompetence and ignorance. The owner is ****ing Tommy Boy, the team is ran by a fake Reverend that isn't qualified to run a Hallmark store and the GM looks like someone out of a 1940's horror movie. It isn't "bad press", it is accurate press. I seem to remember something about reaping what you sow.

J.R. likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

We know whose burner it is.... Jesus Christ Prepper......

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Checking all the boxes. Trump donor Y/N?

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

No he really doesn't need to. It is the off season.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

More detrimental to the state of Texas -- Cal or ERCOT?

J.R. likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I absolutely would chase him down. They should not wait for this problem to fix itself.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

What they forget is Deshaun, more importantly Deshaun's agent, knows all the intricate "faith and football/ culture fit" secrets. They're not going to fine Deshaun. That's why I think the best move if things can't be fixed is to fire easterby yesterday and trade Deshaun nearing the draft. Otherwise it's going to get ugly for cal and jack. Any other team, it would be easy to fine Deshaun. For the Texans you risk a massive spill.

14. Major

Major Member

Why? It's the offseason - he doesn't owe his employers anything. Besides that, they didn't communicate with them when he requested it either. I remember lots of people here saying they didn't need to.

His agent handles the business side of his job - the employer can and would communicate with them on contract-related issues. Presumably, the agent is the one that relayed his trade request. The team has no say over his social media actions or anything else he does in the offseason as long as it's not in violation of his contract.

Nook likes this.
  15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Ummm it's different bc he requested a trade and they should be atleast given a chance with the new coach and gm to see if he will change his mind
    To me it's kind of childish to say I won't even give them a chance.

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Had he not made a request to be traded i would 100 percent agree with you. I no longer consider myself a Texan fan so I'm not trying to stick up for them but I still think the professional thing to so after demanding a trade is to talk to them.

Nook likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

He can if he chooses to. Really, he has an agent that represents him and they can speak to his agent. I personally would have arranged for a meeting and reiterated my position but Watson really has no obligation to.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Why should they be given a chance to change his mind? He doesn’t have any confidence in the owner or the organization. It is a waste of time. He doesn’t want to be a Texan. They either trade him or he sits out or they play a QB that has a strong dislike for them... which would be stupid to play a QB that doesn’t want to be there.

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He isn't going to get jailed or anything for not talking to them but he signed a contract with Bob, McNair and easterby on his own accord bc he chose getting paid faster over lack of desire to play for a crappy group. It's not fair to the new coach and gm to not even get a chance to talk to him before having to trade him.

raining threes likes this.
  20. raining threes

Good for you

Name an NFL team that has done this. I guess you want to be strapped by the cap with no way to improve the team due to lack of draft capital and cap room. You just choose to ignore twenty seven years of data.