1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Brown's wording allows for trade speculation. If BOB is happy with the Oline like he says he was during the PS, maybe we're looking to get some draft assets to mitigate next year's absence of early picks.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If that's the case he should show up for work.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

We actually agree on something. I was fine with the preseason, but now....his contract is guaranteed for the season....time to show up.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't see how he can possibly be happy with the oline

Dankstronaut likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just because we don't see eye to eye when it comes to politics doesn't mean we'd always disagree on every topic.

With the Duane Brown thing, I'm just not sure what he thinks is going to happen from here. If he continues to hold out, he won't be picking up a paycheck and if he holds out past week 9, he won't get credit for this season on his contract meaning that he'd be under the same deal for 2 more years. No one likes playing with no guaranteed money left on your deal.....but when you sign that kind of contract, you are agreeing to it.

I think if he skips a game, it'll do irreparable harm to his reputation, he's on the path to becoming the next Dunta Robinson which is ridiculous given that some fans were talking about one day putting him in the ring of honor not too long ago. All it will take is for him to skip a game or two to piss that away forever.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Can't remember who I argued with that I'd love for the game to switch but since the Astros brought life this past weekend I'm definitely on his side of the debate now.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Whats the general feeling towards BOB? Have things cooled off since the end of last year?

I've always liked him. Seems like a good coach. Is there still that purported bad blood between him and management, or was that just a story the media just blew out of proportion?

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He did his own donation

CallMeTheDream and Fullcourt like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

9-7 is not the bar John.

tl;dw:

Wilson: 9-7, division winner
    McClain: Texans 9-7, competing for WC, Titans 10-6 & winning division
    Smith: 9-7, could see 7/8, no playoffs

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well IMO he brings nothing at all to the table, the team has been staying above water due to RAC's defense while BOB has made the offense worse every single year since he's been here.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Players as a whole like him.

Haven't heard as much smoke this year since their apparent blowouts.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure but the players liking him doesn't make up for BOB making the offense worse every single season.

13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Point being that he should've been with his team. I'm not knocking his dedication to the community, but it would've been a nice sign of solidarity if he'd been with them yesterday.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Pancakes should just move to Nashville. Kisses the Titans ass every chance he gets.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Duane Brown is due a $9.4 million base salary this year. Subject to losing $552,941 game check per week

Bill O'Brien: 'Sunday's game will be played here in Houston.'

Bill O'Brien Ka'Imi Fairbairn: 'He's done a good job, young kicker, got a talented leg.'

Bill O'Brien on DeAndre Hopkins $81 million deal 'Anytime you can extend your best players, it's important. He's in that category, no doubt'

Bill O'Brien: 'I feel good about our tackle situation. Duane hasn't been here for a long time. He's doing what he believes is best for him.'

On keeping only two QBs: "We kept the best 53 players."

O'Brien: "I feel good about our quarterbacks. Tom has good command of what we want to do. Deshaun has gotten better and better."

Bill O'Brien on new WR Andy Jones: 'We felt like bringing him in could help us while we wait for guys to come back from injuries'

Bill O'Brien said D'Onta Foreman (groin) and Alfred Blue (high-ankle sprain) have a chance to play Sunday.

Bill O'Brien on J.J. Watt: 'Anytime the three-time defensive player of the year is healthy and ready to go, that makes me feel very good'

Bill O'Brien says it was good to get Braxton Miller back.

16. tmacfor35

At what point do you make the players accountable.

Fitzpatrick
    Hoyer
    Osweiler

Sorry, but hes produced 3 winning teams and two playoffs appearances with guys who don't belong in the postseason.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He picked those QB's....so it's his fault that they didn't pan out.

18. tmacfor35

Not a productive discussion to have if you are really going to go that route.

19. conquistador#11

Last player I remember holding out for some of the season was emmitt smith for a couple of games. He was very young and coming of a superb season. Time for Brown to report for duty. Can't be a season dodger. Nothing wrong with holding out for training camp. It even used to be a joke that the fattys just did it so they didn't have to go through camp. Report already!

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Brown situation is becoming annoying. The fact that he was the only Texan to "demonstrate" during the national anthem doesn't help. He has an agreed to contract; honor it. If he sits outs several games, I would trade him for picks. He is trading his elite status as a Texan and a boat load of money for what?