1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Idk the site posted Cutler would sign with the dolphins and he did.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

He should be highly motivated; likely his last chance in the league. I love comeback stories; hope he becomes one.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would certainly be a nice story, but he's already been cut by 2 teams so I'm not sure there's a lot of hope for him. It's likely just depth in case Duane Brown decides to retire as opposed to being one of the top 10 highest paid O left tackles in the NFL.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

No. The site said Cutler signed on Friday. That was not true.

Houst0ne likes this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I know I'm coming in hot out of left field over here but I need to know...

...why does Hopkins get the credit he gets? Is it just homerism or what?

The guy held out, played like **** and quit last season. Don't even come at me about Brock, Hopkins still has to put forth a legit effort. People quote his stats when he had fitz and hoyer tossing rocks like it was all him but his doodoo ass performance last year is on someone else. Whatever.

1 great season out of 4. Until he does it again, it's a fluke.

I'm mad because I know damned well he can be better. Until he's a LEGIT top 5 WR, team leader and community leader like his mentor, he needs to shut his ****ing mouth about roster decisions and contract aspirations.

We need his absolute best and not a bit less. Another year of shortcomings and excuses I for one would be happy to let him walk.

fattz and red like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he has a bunch of natural talent and can make some really awesome looking catches like Odell Beckham. I think that's the primary reason he gets the credit he does.

That said, you bring up good points, he held out and then played like ass last season completely separate from the QB issues. He absolutely needs to prove himself this season.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Look who's here!
    [​IMG]

8. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Maybe. People have called him a top 5 WR and I'm just over here like...who? HOPKINS??? Nah.

Maybe he's a top 5 TALENT. Production is another story though, attitude can't be measured by stats. The guy sulked his way through the whole season and nobody seems to care, I guess because he makes a 1 handed grab now and again.

It's really not just last season either. His first 2 seasons he was not particularly great at running routes to get open, which is a necessity for a receiver as slow as him. His 3rd season he put it all together and went hulkamania. Then last year he flat out quit on the team. Media, fans just tossing the praise on him still. So much so, Bobby you're literally the first person who hasn't come to defend him when I say this.

It really bugs me that he thinks he's in a position to make roster decisions, "savage is my guy" statements. He needs to worry about himself and be thankful candy ass Texans media won't allow a single negative word spoken about him.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I understand and agree that some of last year's struggles were on him. Looked like he checked out sometimes and was getting out hustled by the other team's secondary. BUT he is the number one receiver. And who he prefers makes a difference. It doesn't decide but it is something for the coaches to consider since he will be catching most of the passes from whoever is QB. And honestly, now is the time to say it. Not in the middle of the season when it creates more of a controversy. Plus all he did was agree with the coach who has said Savage is the starter. Even if he liked Watson better, it is smart to go with Savage publicly. This is a non-story.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe it's the Kool aid I'm drinking, or the rose colored glasses I'm wearing but I must be the only one that saw Hopkins' comment as him just throwing support behind whoever is the starting quarterback and him trying not to start any kind of dispute.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Smith told him to say that as part of negotiations. Hopkins made the same types of comments in support of Osweiler last year and then quit on Osweiler when it mattered because he was crazy frustrated with him.

red5rocket and Nimo like this.
  11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nope. You're not the only one. This is a non-story. Picking a player different from who the coach said was the starter? Now they would have been a story.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Woot Woot! Ready for some Texans on Wednesday.

FINALLY!

Also, only 71 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes, and 25 seconds until NBA regular season tips off!!!

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

15. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Wilfork officially announces his retirement.....with an ad for charcoal.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

His son getting busted with almost of pound of purple drank probably contributed to his retirement.

18. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Yeah, but the thing to say is "that's GM/Coach's job, I just catch passes". Or "I don't care who throws them I'm working on catching them". Even if you want to call this towing company line, it still rubs me the wrong way because I can't get over how unequivocally average he was last year. Facebook fans throw insults at you if you bring it up but it's the truth. Stats don't tell the whole story but the story told from 2015 to 2016 is not a hope filled, inspiring tale. Top 5...shoot, he might not have been Top 20. To have his kind of talent wasted on butthurt feelings is ridiculous. Super pillowy soft Texans media not gonna rip him a new ass for nothing but he deserves a new one. We're not asking CJ Fiedorowicz who he likes.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can anyone here post the earn insider article ranking the NFL teams under 25 talent please ?

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Espn ***