1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-season 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 13, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

From here

2. conquistador#11

he was B o b's mouthpiece. the chaplain guy is still feeding Breer it appears. I thought Cobb couldn't be moved from what you guys have said. Stills is the only one not involved at all in the offense. No way I'm trading Fuller or Brooks for Watson's sake. Malpractice again. Might as well not start Watson and just shelve him for next season.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What does even mean?

raining threes likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like it means, if the player wants a trade they’ll get one.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Sir, what the **** are you exactly talking about?"
    "Read twitter"

https://www.radio.com/sportsradio61...n-watson-j-j-watt-address-texans-trade-rumors

Deshaun Watson tried to shut down the trade rumors.

“Them boys ain’t getting traded,” Watson said. “That was something that we squashed at the end of practice. It wasn’t too big of a deal. I know a lot of people probably thinking that Randall was saying he was getting traded. He’s not going anywhere. Nobody’s going anywhere. We’re going to stick with this team and keep pushing forward.

“So all of that stuff is just something we wanted to squash because it was a lot of noise. People of course see it on social media so we just basically squashed it, letting everyone know to focus on ball and focus on this team.”

Watt said his goal is still to bring a Super Bowl to Houston. He carries a $15.5 million cap hit next season, but is considered a franchise icon and often speaks about valuing his connection to the Texans’ fan base.

“My goal since I got here was to bring a championship to the city of Houston,” Watt said. “That remains my goal. Until the day I’m not a Houston Texan anymore, that will always be my goal.”

6. conquistador#11

Keeping on board with the, 'might as well keep our receivers and give them a year to develop chemistry' :
    Fuller on the path to greatness. *

*Disregard comment should there be an unfortunate tear of ligaments, broken bones, extended concussions, shoulder separation, bone on bone, elbow tendonitis dues to fifa soccer 2020, fell asleep wrong, forgetting safe word during massage.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So... Are the prisoners running the prison now....?

Bob might be rolling over as we speak.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meanwhile, Texans stay overpaying for mediocre talent.
    Here's a 3rd for Duke, 3rd for Conley, 6th for Crossen, we'll take your washed up RB for our star WR,...

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wow. That’s why the ravens are in the mix every season. Smart front office ppl

10. CrazyJoeDavola

Yeah but they didn't get Bartavius Mingo AND Jacob Martin for only JD Clowney.

Mr. Scarface

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yesssir! It freakin matters!

Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Honestly with Desean Jackson's season probably over due to that ankle sprain last night, Philly wouldn't be a bad trade partner if they really want to win the NFC East and make the playoffs. Send them any of our two WRs for a couple of picks.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Stills, Keke and Cobb

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trade them all imo. Get what, a 3rd and maybe a 5th? Or is that too optimistic?

15. conquistador#11

Watt, Cobb, Stills and Keke for a 2nd and a 3rd and next year's 7th round pick.
    Remember how Aaron went on a ShawshankRedemption rant when he lost Cobb?
    This reunites him. Defense gets so much better for them with Watt. Superbowl guaranteed.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol just joking. I hope they keep fuller. Guy is a game changer and Cooks is decent just needs more time with DW4

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I say trade Watt, Keke and Cobb. Stills could still be a #1 receiver on another team if need be. Pretty good reciever on the cheap. He is a steal and a keeper.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um Martin has made some plays. The problem is Conley has been hurt all season. He would have made a difference in
    Coverage.

BTW, Clowney? Did he even play? He was locked down by Howard all game. The reason the Texans didn’t get more is no one wanted to pay him for his lack of production. Hence, he didn’t sign until a week before the season started.

So **** off...

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Just for comparisons sake:

PFF Grade Tytus Howard = 58.3
    PFF Grade Jadeveon Clowney = 73.8

I know I know - "PFF Grades are garbage!!! grrr"

Its SOMETHING to start the dialogue. I think Tytus Howard has regressed BADLY this year. I hope he can start to play better because I havent seen him lock down much on that side.

20. raining threes

That's exactly what's happening.

Just another reason actually one of many why the Texans won't be winning anything anytime soon, like within the next 5 years.