1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 13, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When you read Watson's stats they never look that pretty in game.. It's only after you realize how good a game he had.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Clutch.

Would have won the game last week against the Colts too if the defense gave him the ball back.

Htownballer38 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  3. conquistador#11

I like it, Bill.
    Also Foreman will be forced into playing time with Lamar's ankle and I liked that Colvin had a break up in that last Jets drive. Oh look Wright just bit on another double move.

Htownballer38 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I always forget they start playing Saturday games after the college football season ends. Really wish they wouldn't.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This just doesn’t look like a 10 win team to me. I don’t know how O’Brien does it, I don’t think it’s great coaching, but this team looks to be overachieving. Lucky? I just don’t know. I’ll take it though!

Kendrick Lamar and vator like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I should be all excited about having our 10th win, but when our offense couldn't even get 30 points
    against a 4-9 team, and barely won the game it just didn't seem like much of a win. I can't wait for the days when we score more touchdowns than field goals.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

The offense on that last drive needs to be the offense the whole game. Deshaun wasn't holding on to the ball, the receivers were running short routes, none of the extra fake jet sweeps. That's when Deshaun is at his best. I would love to see them start the game like that.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  9. mario_v

mario_v Member

Outside of Watson and Hopkins, there's no talent on this offense. A sign of a good coach is one that can get the most out of his team. You have to give Obrien credit for getting 29 points with no miller, fuller, o-line.

BMoney and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Nick Saban faints

Houstunna and Severe Rockets Fan like this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

The defense is legit. Patriots scored "only" 27. Same jets beat the Colts and Broncos. Jets were missing players tonight but not on defense.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

BoB went to sleep after halftime and stopped calling any smart plays to counter the Jets blitzing every play. He most likely thought the game was over and went ultra conservative just praying that the Texans can milk the clock out. BoB himself was a key reason that the Jets got back into the game.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Then why did they spend a 3rd on Jordan Akins and a 4th for a one year rental of Demariyus Thomas? Ryan Griffin had 80 plus yards last week. There's talent.

Htownballer38 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  14. Texanstradamus

Nah corner in round 1

OL in the 2nd with both picks

BMoney and HstnSprtsFan101 like this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Since we can't count on them to get on the field; RB and WR

16. Major

Major Member

No one was thinking "Thank God BoB is our coach!"

Why not try that earlier?

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It looked like no one contributed on offense/we lack weapons is bc our hc designed it like that. We have tight ends that we just dont use.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking BoB is limiting Watson's strengths until the postseason to keep him healthy. The offense has featured some zone reads and misdirection the past couple of games. Although Watson has suffered reading blitzes, he hasn't been throwing INTs at least.

I think Bill let's him go "Jordan" in the playoffs.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL whatever works, we need to find out how to get it to happen in the first quarter so these games won't be close.....and take away BOB's ability to call time outs. Get someone else to do it. Anyone else. Pick a random fan each game to do it.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! You have to design more plays including multiple targets as receivers. When quarterbacks throw to 7 different targets vice 2 then they have a lot more success scoring in the red zone and converting on 3rd down. Everyone knows Watson will target Hopkins most of the time, or try to run it himself. We need to use the guys we have in a smarter way.