1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Falcons

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mike Mohamad wants out of Houston?:

"I want to play this season," Mohamed said. "It won’t be here, but I want to play somewhere and get back on the field. I’m almost back from the injury, so it’s kind of frustrating to go on injured reserve, but I understand that they didn’t feel like they could wait."

"I just want to play football this year," Mohamed said. "I’m almost ready to go."

Texans general manager Rick Smith said the team is open to negotiating a settlement with Mohamed.

"It was unfortunate that we had to move Mike to injured reserve," Smith said. "We tried to hold the roster spot for him and give him a chance to come back. We just weren’t able to do that, but what we will try to do is execute an injury settlement for him to preserve our opportunity to bring him back later in the season.

"The rules state that when you execute an injury settlement, you’re ineligible to bring the guy back or not able to bring him back six weeks, plus whatever you settle for. So, if we settle with him for say, two weeks, then the earliest he could return is eight weeks from now."

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/10/texans-lb-mike-mohamed-weighing-options-on-ir-including-potential-injury-settlement/

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Read into this what you want as it pertains to Andrew Luck's status, but Colts signed quarterback Josh Johnson.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/649957248467275778">October 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If Andrew Luck isn't able to play this week, then the Texans could effectively bury the Colts next Thursday by making them 1-4 going into a game against the Patriots. We all know they have 0 chance to win without Luck, even against the Jags.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Did not think about. Would really put them in a bad spot. Lucky for them the division is horrible and they could realistically be only 2 to 3 games behind with 10 to go.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's true, but having to rebound from potentially 1-5 is rough no matter what the case. With the way they've been playing this year, it would probably be impossible.

That makes a Texans win Sunday and Thursday that much more important. If Foster returns, the Texans should be able to run at will against the Falcons so the game would really come down to slowing Julio. I think they have a decent chance so long as Foster is back and the O line is fairly healthy.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Then they'll tank, take Goff (or whomever is the consensus #1 qb coming out in the draft), trade Luck and have ANOTHER qb for the foreseeable future.

[/sarcasm]

7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Dang that is kinda F'd up. I remember thinking it was strange seeing him go on IR when his injury wasn't portrayed as being that bad. At least it looks like Rick is trying to buy him out so he can play football elsewhere and even possibly come back and play for us after sitting 6 weeks.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andrew Luck not out with other QBs at start of practice.</p>&mdash; Mike Chappell (@mchappell51) <a href="https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/649966925867524096">October 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's fine with me as long as they trade Luck to us!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bill O'Brien says Lonnie Ballentine, Jonathan Grimes and Akeem Dent will not play on Sunday. Will try to get Xavier Su'a-Filo in the game.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/649994578158743552">October 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OB said Duane Brown &amp; Arian Foster will be game time decisions.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/649994419131707392">October 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

I think this is a good sign that Foster is going to play, Brown has already said that he intends on playing.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O'Brien didn't mention a promotion of 1 of the RBs from the practice squad &amp; ruled Grimes OUT. Only 3 healthy HBs: Foster, Blue, &amp; Polk.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/649995390477926400">October 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Also this is a REALLY strong indication IMO that Foster is going to play

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Agree.

Hell be out there. How many snaps will he get?

Seems things have been pretty quiet with him. I half expect him to come out of the gates full bore.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be hard to find a better matchup for his first game back, the Falcons have given up more rushing TD's than anyone and are giving up almost 5 YPC on the ground. Foster could dominate if his injury isn't a problem.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

More evidence that Foster is playing this week

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arian Foster on potentially playing Sun:&quot;I talked 2the doctor that cut me open.He said the best rehab is actually getting out there&amp;playing&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/650013169360879616">October 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't think they put Foster out there with the intentions of limiting him. If that were the case, then rest him until Thursday. If he's playing, he'll get his 20-25 touches.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans' RB Arian Foster is questionable; but he thinks he has a chance to play Sunday.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/650037074934890496">October 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Team just arrived at the airport.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Very excited to get Foster back. We can talk about Watt all we want but 23 is probably the most important player (concerning team success) at this point.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We've only won something like 3 games without Foster since he's been on the team. Fortunately 2 of them 3 were with Mallett at QB. Foster and Mallett together should be something really nice to see.