1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Draft Day

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I will be there with a friend of mine. I'll probably head up there around 4:30 and try to be there around 5ish.

I just hope it'll be entertaining enough to make me sit all the way til the 9pm area to see the Texans pick.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Those pictures of a potential Texans first round pick wearing Fresno State gear give me the shakes.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Let's just hope the curse is not passed on from 2002.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

HAY GUYZ WHUTS GOIN ON??

[​IMG]

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I don't think Earl Thomas will be there, but he'd be nice. With him and Pollard in the back there, we would be set.

6. Dustin3539

Dustin3539 New Member

Will someone who has ESPN Insider paste Mel Kiper and Todd McShay's mock drafts in this thread?

I like to follow along as the picks are announced and track how the so called "experts" are doing, however I can't seem to find the ESPN Insider protected info on the interweb.

Thanks!

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kiper's mock draft is awful.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can't stand Kiper. He's a know it all. Kinda similar to Bilas in this regard.

I love it when Kiper and Mcshay go at it.

9. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Just like last year I noticed there is a picture of Mario on the stage at Radio City Music Hall. When the draft pick has his picture taken with Goodell, Mario will be in the background. :cool:

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If kyle wilson or dan williams is there along with spiller, i would take those 2 in front of him. Their run issues are line problems vs rb problems. Defensively, they need playmakers. We watched how a playmaker like cushing and when pollard entered how much better the defense performed. Wilson is the truth and so is wilson. This is a deep draft for dt's though, so a guy like linvale joseph in the 2nd rd can offset getting williams. Missing on kyle wilson and we're talking ghee. Miss on spiller, we're talking ben tate whom i love anyway.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

10 minute picks, Texans should pick around 9 cdt.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Can we start this bad boy already??? :rolleyes:

13. Egghead

Egghead Member

I hope Ryan Matthews is gone before #20. I want them to draft a defensive player.

14. Summer Song Giver

Me and Moes agree completely, but it is a draft so who knows what kind of craziness will occur; I'll be watching!

15. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

I'm going to vomit if the Texans draft a tight end. We have plenty on the roster already, no need for more.

Mike Mayock will release his mock draft at 6:15 on NFL Network. His is the one I like to follow. Last year he got 10 out of the 32 correct. That's considered pretty good. Compare that to Kiper who got 8 correct and McShay who got something like 5 or 6 correct.

I mentioned in the offseason thread last week that I think the Texans will pick between 8:35 and 8:50 tonight. My prediction is at 8:42pm. I'm giving myself plus/minus ~7 minutes buffer.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Matthews looks solid. He is comparable to a L.T. in punch it in ability coming out out college, but not game breaking quick, but a good balance of good enough speed, power and excellent change of direction ability (field vision)...A good corner can be gotten on day 2...It's a tough choice though...If Haden or Thomas is avail. on day 1, how could you pass?

Should be fun to see this unfold...

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Adam_Schefter:
    Can't decide if it's real -- guess we'll see soon enough -- but there are people who believe Cleveland will take CB Kyle Wilson at No. 7.

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Mort from ESPN just said the Eggles are trying to jump from #24 to #12. Also they're trying to trade the pick they got from the Skins.

19. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Adam Schefter just tweeted he thinks Tebow will go in the first round

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Man there is SO much action on Tebow right now that the Texans should listen to offers BIG TIME from teams trying to move into the bottom half of the 1st rd.