1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Texans at Arizona next weekend. Cards fav by 15

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Over, by a lot

noscrusir likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans shut down David Johnson
    Watt has 1.5 sacks
    Watson throws for 280, 2 TDs
    Hopkins 112 yards, 1 TD
    Lamar 79 yards rushing, 1 TD
    Texans win 24-21

[​IMG]

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“End zone? What’s that? The Texans have failed to find the end zone in their past 121 minute and 32 seconds of play on the road, dating back to the Week 2 loss at Cleveland. The closest they got to the Indianapolis end zone Sunday was the 13-yard line before kicking a field goal during the second quarter. The Texans have been outscored 71-3 in losing their past two road games to Indianapolis and Buffalo.”

BigShasta and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. conquistador#11

The best battle going on right now is Lonnie vs pancakes and I'm on team pancakes. I don't even know what the fight is about since pancakes deleted the og post. Lonnie, however, called him KFC looking ____.

Rudyc281 and The Real Shady like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Twitter war between fatness and Lonnie?

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is easy money to take the Cards on the over.

Verbal Christ and Fulgore like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's take special type of franchise to b even in a shttier position than it was starting its inception

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

How David Johnson is still on this team is beyond me........I guess his back up is even worse?? Is that even possible? That trade is not aging well, dump him and move on

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

You figured with Culley being a rookie at this and Caserio putting an experienced coaching staff around him that some of these boneheaded decisions wouldn't be executed?

Nope, that's just the Texans tradition of putting **** product on the field.

11. Rockets34Legend

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/2895777/202...rash-talk-that-revved-him-in-win-over-texans/

The stakes were high enough entering Sunday’s game, the Colts sitting at 1-4, their playoff chances likely shot with an embarrassing loss to the lowly Texans, when Leonard got “a wakeup call” — his words — early in the first quarter. A few Texans players decided to talk trash, lobbing insults specifically in Leonard’s direction.

“Stop being a (expletive),” one shouted, according to Leonard.

Then came another: “You’re gonna have to earn that $19.5 million today,” a jab at Leonard’s yearly salary.

The Maniac?

He heard it. He liked it. And most importantly, he remembered it.

“Darius is a guy you don’t wanna talk trash to because he’s gonna take that **** personally,” Okereke said. “If you’re gonna get him all riled up? More power to you.”

The interception came in the third quarter, Leonard swiping Texans quarterback Davis Mills’ pass out of the air and setting up the Colts’ second touchdown of the game.

The forced fumble came in the fourth, Leonard punching the football free from running back David Johnson’s grasp, setting up the Colts’ third score. By then, the rout was on, and the Texans weren’t talking anymore.

Seven tackles, an interception, a forced fumble and a pass breakup — that was Leonard’s day. He was yapping all game long, and his play was shutting the Texans up.

“You’re gonna regret saying that,” Leonard says he told them early. “And I’m a man of my word. Every big play, every interception, every forced fumble, I went straight to their sideline and let them know you’re not gonna come into our house, you’re not gonna talk trash, that’s not what you do.

“There’s no punking us over here.”

Rudyc281 and Rockets34Legend like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/2895825/202...t-loss-to-colts-makes-that-harder-to-justify/

“We’re an undisciplined team,” Cooks said. “I’m going to be very honest with you. From all of us, we all got some type of accountability in that. We’re undisciplined. It’s just the truth.”

The team’s top receiver went on to say he’s “not surprised as to why it’s going on. It’s been going on since Game 1, and we still haven’t fixed it. Like I said, that’s an individual thing.”

All training camp, players up and down this overhauled roster — one of the oldest in the league — promised their experience would make them a team that executed well and knew how to close games.

Asked if he was surprised that hasn’t been the case, linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill let out a sigh of frustration.

“I don’t really have an answer for that,” Grugier-Hill said.

14. Rockets34Legend

Why in the **** does our team, who sucks donkey balls, try to talk **** on the field?

I guess it works so continue to have the tank roll on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#114 Rockets34Legend, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    Rudyc281 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

This is always going to be trade that buried this franchise. Bill O'Brien murdered the Texans and Cal watched him do it.

16. Rockets34Legend

[​IMG]

I'm happy for them to be on a team that knows what the hell their doing (from top to bottom).

Us Texans fans have to continue watching this dumpster fire of a franchise continue to **** it up week after week.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We will see if they win the big game

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

At least they will play in the big games - when is next likely year this team plays in a meaningful game 2026?

“trust the process” right? :rolleyes:

ROCKSS and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The worst team in the nfl talking trash? Lol now that’s funny. I think Hop will try for 20 receptions on Sunday.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Right! We'll be sitting at home watching...with the rest of the Texans.

ROCKSS and Rudyc281 like this.