1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 11, 2008.

1. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Shannon Sharpe (who ususally says nothing intelligent) just said on post-game he'd like to see how good the Texans would be with a quarterback that protected the ball.
    Makes two of us...

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

That would have been a devasting lost if they would have on the previous 2 games now it doesnt matter.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

This kind of crap defense is a worse trend than anything Sage has done.

That said, Sage is an idiot.

4. abba

abba Member

so how's the draft look this year? strong class?

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

If Richard Smith still has a job tomorrow, I am going to be extremely pissed off.

Seriously, what does he have to do to get fired? Give up 10 TDs in a game? 1,000 yards passing?

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It'd be nice if Saturday football and Sunday football weren't two completely different experiences.

I love the parity of NFL football compared to watching NCAA. Every year I get to watch a competitive Texas football team. But good god, for all the parity when will the Texans ever be more than slightly decent. Having a .500 season is like our 22 game winning streak. On top of the world (half of the time).

7. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Something will give. McNair said in the paper he's a patient man but he's out of patience...
    And I don't think Kubiak's got Sage's back anymore. Job's on the line. Maybe not mid-season but time's running out.

8. conquistador#11

I'm tired of the bend and break Defence.
    I read kubiak's lips " What the F is he throwing?"

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

What a freaking wierd team. The Offense looks great except when it counts and the defense is full of first round picks but is doing squat. Which do you address in the draft?

I guess we need another first rounder on the Dline, the three we've invested in so far aren't getting pressure.

Who's coming out at DE? We will be picking in the top ten.

10. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I'd like to see that too.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Houston Texans are 35-71 in their franchise's history. That's good for a .330 winning percentage. Hooray.

12. MadMax

Needed or not, that's going to be difficult for a lot of fans to swallow.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Jeez, at the start of the season expectations were so high; now reality sets in and we are no closer to having a winning team than in any previous year. On offense we need a QB, at least two starters on the OL. And defense, where they have spent significant dollars and draft picks, we need at least two starters on the defensive line, at least one starter among the linebackers, and at least two starters in the defensive backfield.

Worse, we seem to get outcoached in virtually every game. Players continue to make sthe same mistakes over and over again. We rarely manage the clock well.

I had a season ticket for the first three years, not expecting to see a lot of wins but having strong hopes to see the team develop. At this point I don't even arrange my schedule around games on the TV. I know we weren't expected to wn this game, but jeez, its frustrating to see the lack of development of this team...

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

The Texans should offer to give up ther MNF slot thats really going to be embarassing for the city.

Over under how many shots of a fan with a bag over their head?

Over under for how many shots of a fan sleeping at the game?

15. MadMax

but i did save a bunch of $$$ on my car insurance by switching to geico!!!

16. MadMax

can they reschedule that?? i remember they used to allow some flexibility for late season games being MNF games. is it still that way???

17. msn

msn Member

Rosenfumble tried a whole *new* angle today--only blow our chance to win the game, rather than blowing the game itself.

Baby steps.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its for the Sunday night game... not the monday night one.

19. Astro101

Astro101 Member

At least it's Battle Red uniform day if I'm not mistaken for the Monday game. Are we undefeated in those? If so we should wear them every game. Obviously that is the difference.

20. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Rosenfail. Great game by Slaton and then a horrible pass to end the game.