1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2009.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

DD, the Texans would not even have been in that position if it were not for Schaub.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think people here are not giving Cromartie credit. That was a Elite CB INT, to sit on the route, Matt's guy was open because Cromartie showed him he was open and perfectly jumped the route.

Can't blame Matt much for this loss, I look at how bad the interior line played, the playcalling of run run run in the 1st half, then how the defense played at the end of the first.

Matt got us right back down to tie the game and we can't run for one yard. Not one. Several times throughout the game we failed to get one single yard.

Maybe had those drives continued we would have had more points.

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Nope..not going to work. The stats are there but he doesnt have the highlight reel legs DD seeks in a guy.....playing quarterback

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

____________ was good except for a few bad Plays

This week it is Schuab
    other games it was the Defense
    who will step up and put their name in this sentence?

Rocket River

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Blaming the QB for this game is using the same line of thinking that set this franchise back in the first place (by using the #1 overall pick to draft a QB).

Very rarely does a QB BY HIMSELF make a difference in the game. You need somebody competent back there... somebody that doesn't lose you games with dumb turnovers, continued innacuracy, and mental mistakes. You strive for more than a game manager, but you never settle for less than that.

Matt has been far more than simply a game manager. Has he been Peyton Manning? No. Is he capable of putting up big numbers that translate to wins? Yes. Has he developed a patented 4th quarter comeback-kid streak yet? No! Has he had tons of opportunities to do so? No! Does that mean he's not good enough to lead this team? No!

When they signed/paid a kings ransom for Matt, I was very leery of that move... especially since you're handing over all that money to a relatively unproven QB that was being coached by a relatively unproven coach. That could have spelled DISASTER. I've seen progress... of course, now I want to see wins. But you can't get wins without progress.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans showed some intensity in the 2nd half. Once again, it's on Kubiak to get the guys ready from the start of the game. Fire the entire staff. They have made questionable decisions and have made questionable playcalling.

I fully believe that had we had a competent coaching staff for this game, we would have won.

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Ummm...

Can't run the ball. Can't stop the run. Ladies and gentlemen, YOUR Houston Texans of 2009.

It's Schaub's fault, though...

8. Landlord Landry

it's time for the sex cannon.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

yep seems that way

we're a young team. growing pains..

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

8 long years of growing pains

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At least we're a young team with a viable nucleus. I can see them getting much MUCH better, barring injury.

As opposed to the nucleus of David Carr, AJ, Gaffney, Billy Miller, Domanek Davis... Travis Johnson, Jason Babin, Antwan Peak.

12. Egghead

Egghead Member

high 1st round draft pick again..draft Jake Locker

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

3 years.

the team you saw 8 years ago was not even a real team, and there is no evidence of that team still here... unless you count our kicker.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Eric Berry is a playmaking safety, I'd like to see us draft him if we have a high pick. A guy who can cover and hit.

Or a Corner...or a Center or Guard...ANYTHING but a QB in the 1st round.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This is true which keeps me optimistic.

We have to lock up Demeco and OD. Hopefully Walter resigns as well. What do we do about Dunta?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't think Walter is a must... Jacoby has shown me enough, and if he's not viable, Anderson or Dre Davis could hold that spot without losing much. Walter is the superior blocker though.

Daniels will be hard to keep... and that's probably why they drafted/are developing the younger TE's. Daniels is talented... but I feel he is just as much a product of the system as any of these guys.

Dunta... meh.

Demeco... would be nice to keep him, but I think his superior #'s on a bad defense make him seem better than he really is. In the end, he likely stays here.

17. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

do we need to pick up TJ Duckett?

I mean seriously, we do not even deserve to be 8-8 if we cannot pick up half a yard on 4 attempts :mad:

18. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

LOL! Apparently it doesn't matter whether the topic is basketball or football, there's nothing more predictable and reliable than for the abstract theoretical "winning"ness Dakotaism to rear its head. He just knows what it is folks!

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Need 2 guards and a center. At least 1 DT. Another DE. One more LB. A completely new secondary. Is it okay to call the Texans soft again?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The run game is awful.

What's Ron Dayne up to these days?