1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2012.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

IF you take credit when we win you gotta take credit when we lose.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hit reply without reading the rest of the posts, so I missed where you said it was dropped. My bad. Anyways, no hard feelings either way. Go Texans!

3. Fyreball

Nah, that'll be Kubiak's fault. :grin:

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I spend plenty of money on PSL's, parking prices, increasing ticket prices, and their gaudy beer prices. My money goes in to Jonathan Joseph's contract, Arian Foster's, and any other player you want to name. Not to mention my voice along with the other 70,000 plus fans creates an edge that our home team constantly praises. Got anything else to say. I think the word "we" makes sense.

5. Marteen

Marteen Member

I could care less, buddy. You spending more money than anyone else doesn't make you a bigger fan than me or any one else who roots for the Texans that can't afford tickets to the game. And in case you didn't read, the convo ended a long while ago.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

okay, now that the convo has ended let's start a new one about how dumb it was in the first place.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This wasn't a "look I spend more money than you" attempt. Just that you should be ridiculed for your ridiculous statement calling people who say we, having lack of respect for the players. I LOL'd.

Anyways, about the game, we should win. Our defense is superior to Atlanta's and I fully expect Manning to get roughed up all night long.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can't help but feel responsible.

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

Did I say you lack respect for the players. Don't change my words to flip it to mean something else. I said I have a respect for the players who worked hard that I just didn't like how some people jump to associate themselves as the team but trash it as soon as they lose

Look, if I offended anyone, I apologize. Yes, it was a dumb conversation. Let's be mature about this and let it go...

And yes, I agree Manning might get roughed up by their defense if they are quick enough to get to him before he gets rid of the ball.

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

fine, you're on the ****list

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah I agree. I am a fan of the Texans. They are my favorite team but I'm not on the team. I always refer to them, or they, or the Texans. It's one thing I noticed when I started listening to more Houston sports radio this football season, even though I live in DFW. A lot of the Houston callers refer to the Texans as if they are on the team. It just sounds weird. They don't do that in DFW.

12. tallanvor

DFW is not the standard.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It may not be the standard, but its a top five sports market. Better than Houston and I was born and raised in Houston and think its better than DFW. Sports is just something DFW does better.

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be a lot easier for folks to let it go if your signature wasn't a constant reminder of the lunacy.

15. tallanvor

I don't know what you mean by 'top five sports market', but Dallas-Ft.Worth is quite a bit larger (population) than Houston. Why do you say 'sports is something DFW does better'? based on what?

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

It ain't lunacy because I know a lot of people who agree with me, but okay I changed it to something else.

I don't know if anyone else caught the new On The Nose with Shaun Cody, but that was hilarious.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We should win over the Broncos, we have a better balanced team.

[​IMG]

18. AB423

AB423 Member

This game will test our right side of the O-line

19. Fyreball

Ummmmm......what?? Let me direct you to this thread. Texans fans may say "we", but we certainly don't go off the deep end like this dude. Oh, and he says "we" about 500 times....soooo....yeah. You're full of it. ;)

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=226332

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

We are definitely going to win this game. We will battle fight! We'll give it all we got, darn it! We'll go out there and do what we need to do to come out with a win. Those guys in Denver are a darn great team. We have to fight to win this game.