1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Broncos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2012.

1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The LV Hilton has the Texans -1 and offshore books have the game as a pick.
    This ain't a bad deal if you can get it. All they have to do is win and you win.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We are actually picked to win in Vegas.

3. tmacfor35

The assumption that there good comes from having Von Miller and Dumerville. We should have an easier time running the ball this game than the last two as well. There secondary is aged and there defensive line is small. They are effective against one dimensional passing units. They are about to go against the most complete offense in the NFL.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Most people see last night's game as relief...however, last night's game actually worries me. 4 turnovers in the first quarter and the Broncos were there until the end. That's pretty impressive.

Texans shouldnt expect turnovers to come so easily.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Atl has no running game. Turner had more beers than rushing yards last night.

1 person likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

Haha well done!

1 person likes this.
  8. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Stats can be misleading. When you go 3 and out constantly as Denver's offense did last year, your defense will give up more stats.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

yards per play? Also since Denver never threw the ball last year, I think those stats are skewed in Denver's favor. With a passing team those per game stats would go way up.

Anyways Denver's offense was middle of the pack in number of plays per game (I guess that also contradicts my above claim).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/

I just don't see anything that indicates a good defense. Good defensive teams dominate in all these categories (Houston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Francisco)

#29 tallanvor, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Atlanta isn't all that. It's generally the same team that got shut out in New York last January. Jones is inconsistent (dropped a point-blank TD last night that would've put it away), Turner is on the wrong side of 30 and Ryan is good but not great. Offensive line is mediocre. They're a likable team from a character standpoint and have a couple big names, so a lot of media types give them the benefit of the doubt... but their offense isn't as good as Houston's. 275 yards of total offense is pretty weak, and that's why they couldn't put Denver away. The Texans should be better.

11. Marteen

Marteen Member

*Texans*

No offense, but you're not playing on Sunday.

Anyway, this should be an interesting game for the Texans. It's interesting, because Manning gets rid of the ball much quicker than Tannehill and Gabbert would. I'm not really sure if Watt will be able to be as disruptive as he's been against Manning since I have a feeling that Manning will be watching tape closely on how Watt lines up to swat the ball.

Texans' secondary will be put to the test this Sunday for sure.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Most people say "we" because they identify with the team. It's kind of what makes being a fan so much fun.

13. today

today Contributing Member

Texans 23-20. Peyton puts the broncos in position for a game tying FG in the last minute, but it's wide left.

1 person likes this.
  14. Marteen

Marteen Member

It's just a form of respect I have for the players in the Texans organization that I do not like seeing fans saying "We are picked to win" or "They can't beat us" or "They haven't played our defense yet". People carelessly refer the team as themselves when they are not the ones busting their tails off in the sun or weight room trying to be the best they can be.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I said this in another thread- one of those ever-devolving, hair-splitting discussions I'm so fond of :))), so I don't want it to get lost - but it bears repeating: in their last six games with Matt Schaub starting, the Texans' average margin of victory is 21.6.

There've probably been times in other eras where teams were that dominant over that long a stretch - but in the parity-ridden, pass-happy current state of the NFL, I would wager it's pretty unprecedented. The Packers went 15-1 last year and only had four victories of 20 or more points.

When this team is healthy, it is, IMO, the far-and-away best team in football. The 49ers are very impressive, and you can never count out Rodgers, Brady, Brees - but it's time people stop worrying about jinxes and rugs being pulled, etc., and start enjoying the ride.

Denver is a tricky place to play, and Manning has owned us. But there's no reason we shouldn't go up there and stomp all over them, make a statement and validate my opinion.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised by those defensive stats of Denver because I was under the impression that they were a very good defensive team as well. And they certainly looked pretty good to me last night. Very, very fast. But maybe that's fool's gold. At any rate, I think the Texans win this, but I agree that they aren't going to turn Denver over like Atlanta did, but we will have longer, more sustained offensive drives than Atlanta did as well.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I love our team. I can't wait until we play Sunday.

Sue me.

1 person likes this.
  18. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Instead, the fans are the ones busting their asses supporting a team through thick and thin, spending boatloads of cash so that a franchise can survive....

Yeah, I am okay with referring to myself as being a part of the "team".

I am pretty certain that any player on the "team" would not have a problem with that considering that we pay their salaries.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

I agree that fans are very important to a franchise, because they spend a ton of money on their seats. But you can't compare spending cash or sitting on stadium seats or sofas as being out there in pads and risking your life on every play or working on the gym every day to be better.

20. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

No fan support = no team.

1 person likes this.