1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 10, 2015.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh, come on now! He called Dalton a BB gun then the reporter said "WOW!" then JJ said all the other glowing stuff. I'm just asking: Why? Why the jabs, JJ? What's the point. Stuff like this get people hurt on the field.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We came out and did what we said we was going to do WIN!</p>&mdash; Deandre Hopkins (@Nukdabomb) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nukdabomb/status/666487722014457856">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dalton should have evacuated.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Who knows why she said wow and that still isn't a big deal.

I don't know why it is bothering you and very few others so much.

Did you think JJ was going to stop at bb gun if she didn't say "wow"?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Red Rider BB Gun

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I'll be interested to see how team responds after this win. This could be a season changing win.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Please... it was a harmless pop-culture/christmas themed reference specific to the "red rifle" nickname.... and it was damn entertaining (if you're looking at a reason as to why he said it).

There was plenty of Rockets/Hakeem centered quotes back in the day of turning the "dream into a nightmare".... or "grounding Air jordan!".... etc.

To me, this was like him mocking the discount double-check after he sacked Rodgers... or doing the Cam Newton first-down impression after he sacked him earlier this year... its entertaining, its in jest... and its helluva lot more fun when they actually win.

As far as getting people hurt on the field... really? Maybe in baseball where you can throw at somebody, but hurting people in football is "part" of the game, let alone I'd like to see how anybody could hurt Watt (or another player) over Dalton's sensitivity.

If anything, Bengals O-lineman need to tell Andy to learn how to take a joke, play better, and move on.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was told when T.J. Yates and Charles James were brought back to the team, the locker room shifted. Much better vibe within the team. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/666490034527186944">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. heypartner

The Red Rider BB Gun

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No he didn't he said their gameplan was to turn the red rifle into a red ryder BB gun.

What's incendiary about that?

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

No, it doesn't.

12. heypartner

The Red Rider BB Gun

three ppl now that aren't repeated the heart of the joke correctly

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I guarantee you that most people don't get the christmas-story pop-culture reference.

Its a higher-level joke for a higher-level player.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brian Hoyer actually told T.J. Yates himself that he'd be taking over. Knew he had a concussion. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/666489387983773697">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. heypartner

A Red Rider BB gun

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Ok, I just don't get the reference. Time to look it up and see why he can be so offended.
    Edit: Oh, a Christmas Story. I wasn't into that; I'm not a whitey. :)

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Aww, c'mon, you don't think Dalton will go out and hurt someone on the field over an innocent comment like that? He'll probably hit the QB late next time he gets the chance.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I don't think we'll make the playoffs. But I'd rather this team show that there is something to build off of rather that being completely inept and in need of a total rebuild. There is no hands down, top tier QB in this draft. There is no Luck or Winston or Mariota. It's closer to the draft 2 years ago. Carr looks to be the best of that bunch and he was the 4th QB off the board. I'm not worried about not getting a high pick because of the QB situation.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We know why the reporter said "wow", stop it. The reporter said "wow" because she was surprised at what Watt said. JJ didn't say the good stuff after because the reporter said "wow". No, JJ had that BB gun line ready since last week. I'm saying THERE IS NO POINT. You're already the baddest. The stupid sound bite is not going to add to the JJ Watt lore.

It's an accumulation thing. JJ has to get his jabs in whenever he can on the field and off. JJ is a GREAT human being so the jabs make no sense to me. It's annoying. He's turning into the Ronda Rousey of the NFL. OK, maybe not that bad.

20. heypartner

I didn't get it right away because I didn't get the Red Rifle reference, since I don't follow football much. I was thinking, the Bengals don't have a mascot with a rifle, do they? Then I saw the Dalton interview and his red hair. Then like, "Ah, that's pretty damn funny."